Hello, I have been having this annoying intermittent fluttering sensation under my left rib cage for two to three weeks now. There is no pain, shortness of breath or any other symptoms. It is not regular like a pulsation. It is almost constant but intermittent. I can't stop thinking about it. Thank you for your help.

aharter2@woh.rr.com wrote:

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Have you found out anything. It is very annoying.

Me too.... im 16 and ive been having the same fluttering sensation in the same place... im worried. theres nothing on the internet that i can find about it. i also just started birth control when this feeling came... its lasted for about 3 days now

this is like a butterfly or vibration under the right breast,i am breathless at times and it feels rapid now compared to before..every few seconds..

as am i...please help...let me know what the deal is

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

The first time I experienced the tingling feeling, I felt like somone was pressing the area right under my top left rib. It went away for a second and then started up again. These feelings have lasted on and off for several months now and the sensation seems to be getting stronger.

I don't know how to explain the feeling other than a mild vibration under the left rib and it goes on for a second ot two. I have to press the area down with my thumb to relieve the feeling. Reminds me of the electrical implules a chiroprator uses during a session. I will go to the doctor soon but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions first as to what is causing this.

aharter2@woh.rr.com wrote:

I have the same problem and it is quite annoying. I went to the doctor and she said it sounded like muscle spasms, that they are common and she asked if I wanted a muscle relaxer which I declined. She said I have nothing to worry about. I am still not convinced of my doctors nonchalant answer. I've had this for about a month now and it shows up at any time for any length of time. Has anyone else gotten their results or answers?

Does anyone have Acid Reflux who is experiencing these symptoms? ?

I'm 43 and I have a Re: Fluttering burning, sensation left waist. I have had Acid Reflex for a number of years now.

Any ideas?

i get this too! no diagnosis from u guys yet??

GO SEE A DOCTOR AND GET A SCAN

Guest wrote:

Any ideas?

I am going to try Metamucil which my doctor suggested I take because I have some symptoms of IBS as well as Acid Reflux.

I had this fluttering sensation today with a bit of pain and bloating. I took Mylanta; let's see what happens. So far so good.

By the way, I am a 32 year old woman.

I am getting a vibrating sensation, it is under my right breast... I am in pretty much perfect health... it doesnt hurt ot anything, and on a website i read it might be my diaphram (sp?) it isnt constant but for the past 2 days i have noticed it around 20 times.. Its just annoying, but i guess if it keeps up ill go to the doc...

I'm hoping this gets posted in the proper thread.

I have these same exact symptoms (pulsating sensation in left side of abdomen) and just finished up a ton of tests. I had an upper endoscopy, colonoscopy and a CRT scan both with and without contrast. They checked for an abdominal anuerism. Everything came back "clean" and "fine".

My doctor showed me a skeletal diagram and explained that due to being relatively out of shape (I'm 41) after years of working out and running (had to quit due to high risk pregnancy - my daughter is now 5) that my muscles are weak and it is muscle spasms. It can also be aggravated by lifting heavy items and/or strenuous work. I was out a couple weeks ago cutting the hedges and last week I lifted a headboard and felt something pull. The pulsating sensation has been a LOT worse since then.

I'm hoping that by posting this I can alleviate at least some others worries/fears/questions because I've gone through all the tests and they showed nothing . . . so you may not have anything to worry about except getting in shape and getting the muslces back in shape.

But that does't mean don't see a doctor because your case might be completely different than mine.