Hello don't know if anyone can help but I have been having this weird pressure feeling in my left rib cage the best way to discribe it is is feels like when your PG and your baby pushes his foot into your rib cage. Its not painful it just feel like pressure in one area of rib that comes and goes all day long. Seems like it is worse when I'm sitting. Anyone have any idea's on what is could be. Thanks

I've got the same type thing going on, and I was looking for an answer myself, when I ran across this page. I wonder what this could be? Mine is like upper rib cage / below left breast. Kind of like an off an on nagging pain. Seems worse after I eat. I wish someone with knowledge would post some ideas for us..

Yes, I have had this for four years. When it first started I realized that it was the feeling of my heart pulsing through my rib cage. It was noticed especially sitting up. Then I noticed it while lying on left side.

It occurs regularly now, more of a pressure. I have had echocardiogram, Holter monitor--doctor says not to worry, yet I remain concerned.

I feel more of this "pressure" if I have had caffeine or am very tired. Have a diagnosed PAC.

I have the same pinching in left lower rib cage that is intermittent and may be influenced by certain foods or positions bending forward. Ruled out as not cardiac.

Although I have blood pressure around 130/90.

Has anyone been diagnosed?

No. I have not been diagnosed. How did heart issues get ruled out?

Depending upon how far along you are, I actually believe it to be the baby resting it's foot between your ribs. :-) I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and when it happens to me it can be quite painful. %-) Just massage the area, change positions, lift your arms over your head, apply a light heating pad for a minute and it should eventually move. :-D

i have the same thing did u ever figure out wat it was??

I have the same feeling :-( I am wondering if it could be scar tissue. I had gallbladder surgery over 25 years ago o.O and spent several years after, feeling something flipping or going through spasms when I moved the wrong way. Now I feel as if something is stuck under my left rib cage and did feel a swelling or soft bump when pressing down while lying down. 8-| Asked my former Dr about it, she said not to worry whatever it was it was superficial. Since changed Drs and have not brought it up to my new one. Anyone get any answers yet? When I do, I will share. :-)

Im not sure if this is any help, but i had the same problem, the feeling of pressure under my left rib, not really painful but just annoying like something was there that shouldnt have been.
I went to the doctor and he said i have a cyst on my overies. I asked why the pressure was under my ribs and he said its like when you have a heart attack, your arm goes funny. Its the same thing but the nerve from your overies ends under your left ribs.
I hope this helps :-)

I've recently begun to get this pressure as well, and I am a man with no ovaries, and no baby in the oven. ;-) My roommate says he gets it once in awhile as well. It's much worse after eating, or when in a forward sitting position. It's not so bad while standing or walking around. I never notice it at work (restaurant worker) but ALWAYS when I get off and eat it comes on strong. I'm thinking ulcer maybe?

That could be a result of gas or possible irritable bowel syndrome. Make an appointment with your doctor if you have accompanying symptoms like severe stomach pains, bloating, constipation or severe diarrhea and/or fever. If it is just gas you can take an over the counter product like gas-X to relieve some of that pressure. I hope you find relief for this soon. Good luck.

Wow...I googled the symptoms I was having and was suprised to see all of you with the same thing!!! That does make me feel better... ;-)
I was scared to death what I might find when I searched it or went to the Dr. !
I am going to rule out cyst ( on ovaries, anyhow ) I dont have them anymore. Hoping we are just all very gas-sy! :-P LOL
If anyone does find out forsure, Ill be checking back...If I find out first Ill post immediatley!

I have this dull pinching pain in my left ribcage since a few months. I don't have ulcer but a little bit of heartburn, which is probably because of gastritis. I am on a special diet with omeprazol since one year and feel fine with my stomach. My ultrasound is also fine. After speaking to some doctors and other related people I can say it's most likely a mix of things like posture, trapped wind and stomach related problems. All these things do have a link to anxiety. So the best things to try are: 1) Sitting or relaxing in a proper posture (no side leaning). 2) No or less work stress and 3) Reducing the amount of food that can cause gas like beans, cauliflower, cabbage etc and try not to hold wind inside. 4) If you suffer heartburn then take Proton pump inhibitors plus a controlled diet .... I hope it'll work! :-)

I had this problem a few years ago and had an x-ray done of my abdomen, and it showed I had a large obstruction of my bowel. After I was treated for that the pain went away and has never returned.
Try taking fiber and stool softeners and see if that helps. It may take a week or two to get the full effects of them though depending on how far up the obstruction is.

i too have been having this problem just after i recently woke up its around my middle to lower left ribs and its more of a pressure feeling i was worried it could be loose air due to a possible collapsed part of my lung but i'm unsure. if it persists i may seek emergency room care.