I have had a sharp acheing pain under my rib cage for about 8 months it feels likae a contraction , rubberband tightening . when I try to feel where it is I cant I only feel it when I get up roll over in bed etc.I can deel with the pain but it never goes away never gets better or worse moves to a different spot always on my left side. I f it's pleurecy which says my doctor (prescribed IB profin) what causes it and how do i get rid of it?

Hello there,

Well since you have been diagnosed with pleurisy now you need to treat it. Well actually, this is inflammation and it is usually consequence of some other underlying condition such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, influenza and some other infections. It can be quite unpleasant, as you can feel by yourself, pain can be excruciating. If you want to get rid of this condition you need to treat the cause of the pleurisy.

Since your doctor has prescribed you with antibiotics I presume that he is sure which condition has caused pleurisy. I hope that treatment will resolve your problems soon and that you will recover very fast. Keep us informed about your condition and good luck.

Hello everyone. New here. I am suffering from a pain which is present only when I sit. Due to its hidden and inside so I dont exactly know where it feels but I think its just below my rib cage in the middle part. Tilting back on the chair gives a tiny bit of relief but then putting too much pressure on my shoulder blades resluts in a pain in the upper back. I do 12 hour day shift for 2 days then on the third day do 2 night shift then 4 days off. Do a few patrols but do manage to sit for 8 hours if the pain allows.me. its on going for nearly 6 years. 7th of april 2015 I am set up for endoscopy colonoscopy and gastroscopy. I hope dr find some thing. If I am home for 4 days I am fine due to sitting or layimg down in comfortable positions. But at work no. Not sure what to do in the mean time other than just waiting for my tests.