Hello, I am a 70year old lady who recently noticed a fluttering feeling under left rib cage. It is very annoying. It is like a pulsation but is not rfegular . It comes and goes. There is no pain or any other symptom. It has been going on for three or four weeks now. I feel silly going to the Dr. for it because they would probably say it is nothing. It is like when you have a tic under your eye and it keeps twitching. Have you heard of anything similar to this before. Thank you.

i have had a fluttering and light burning pain under my left rib since i was pregnant 19 years ago. i thought it was a hernia, but don't know. i am looking for information. It is worse when I lift heavy items or work in the garden.

i have this itching sensation under my ribs on the left side since i was 7 years old ,now i'm 36 ,i told my parents ,they thought that i'm crazy. i moved to US AND i sow a Dr. the Dr. looked at me as if i'm loosing my mind. please help me if any body has this kind of problem

Ann, go to the doctor. It could be anything, so get checked out ;-)

I get it, and ive been to the doctor -- apparantly its just because i have pulled my chest muscles. But get it checked out.

Get it checked out if you're not sure. It could be something to do with the main arteries of your heart.

i get the same thing just strted tonight what is it

If its not regular it is a muscle spasm. Probably due to inactivity or weakening muscle tone. If it ever cramps , or your other muscles do, it could be a potasium imbalance as well. I used to get them when I was inactive and in bed most of the time, they went away when I started working out. If you ever get a regular pulsating feeling with severe pain call your dr immediately because that could be an annuerism. But since its irregular and inconsistent it is more then likely just muscle fatigue.
By the way I got it in the same location as you. Lower left of my abdomen under rib cage, sometimes I'd get the same feeling in the right side, its just a weak colon / abdominal muscles when I asked my dr.

same thing happening to me. wierd like muscle spasms under my ribs on the left side. why do we only get it on the left side? has to be a reason. im gonna try stretching and eat a few bananas see if that helps. i only get the spasms when im laying on my back, is that ture for anyone else?

Hi
I am currently experiences the exact same thing, and therefore made a google search and ended up here. Irregular, fluttering sensation under left rib cage. I just had a fairly hard workout yesterday .. after a long time of doing little exercise, so I'm guessing it's some sort of muscle-spasm-reaction to the workout. It is very annoying tho, so I hope it will go away sooner than later!

i have the exact same thing, only under my right rib cage, not left. it's incredibly annoying! i feel it mostly when i am laying down. after reading the responses here, it's most likely just a muscle spasm that more exercise will fix. i admit, i've been fairly inactive lately...

Pretty much all muscle "twitches" are caused from anxiety and stress. A muscle "spasm" is usually caused from being dehydrated or fatigued. The twitches are caused when nerves send a signal to a particular muscle that tell it to contract rapidly. This problem can most likely be resolved with some good sleep and to quit worrying about it.

OMG I am having this fluttering also under my left rib cage , it is so very so very annoying , I was wondering what it was. I had a hard workout in Spin class and the next day I had the fluttering and first I thought it was my heart but its not in line with my heart beat so I figured its a muscle but I dunno. Its so annoying ( not painful) but I want to get it checked out because its annoying , its like an eye twitch but under my left rib cage. Anyone ever find out what it is?

i have the exact same thing and also recently started working out after years of inactivity. I also recently came down with gout. I am hoping this is due to the excercise and not the latter.

"If its not regular it is a muscle spasm. Probably due to inactivity or weakening muscle tone. If it ever cramps , or your other muscles do, it could be a potasium imbalance as well. I used to get them when I was inactive and in bed most of the time, they went away when I started working out. If you ever get a regular pulsating feeling with severe pain call your dr immediately because that could be an annuerism. But since its irregular and inconsistent it is more then likely just muscle fatigue.
By the way I got it in the same location as you. Lower left of my abdomen under rib cage, sometimes I'd get the same feeling in the right side, its just a weak colon / abdominal muscles when I asked my dr."

I am soo happy I found this site, for the past couple days every once in a while I would get a quick fluttering, in almost the oblique area only lasts a couple seconds, no pain. I am a young male 27 yrs old, recently laid off from diesel mechanics, so my activity levels have plummeted and I haven't been working out anywhere near what I was. I do believe it is my muscles getting weaker. it happens when Im sitting.

All I eat is bannanas and i get it :S try apple ;) But I get them in all sorts of positions, standing up siting, doesnt have to be on my back

Thanks guys if its mucular its a huge relief.