I have a friend who started to use Levall 5. I do not understand what kind of drug is that, so I asked him to explain. He said that is combination of five different medicines, which I found strange. I have never heard this is made, so I want to hear if that is true. Can you tell me more about this drug called Levall 5, what does it contain and what for is it used?

It is true what your friend told you, because Levall 5 reallly contain five different substances inside. It is normal and condition for this medicine to have appropriate role in human organism. First ingredient is Guaifenesin, an expectorant, and it loosens phlegm and increases the lubrication of the lungs allowing for a productive cough and decreased chest congestion. Second is Hydrocodone, which is a narcotic, and used as pain reliever and a cough suppressant. Third ingredient is Phenylephrine, a decongestant, and it works by constricting blood vessels in the body. Constriction of blood vessels in the sinuses and nose decreases congestion, which is important role of Levall 5. Guaifenesin, hydrocodone, and phenylephrine are used to treat cough and nasal congestion associated with the common cold, sinus infections, and flu. Levall 5 may also be used for some other purposes than are listed in some medications guide. Levall 5 should be taken exactly as directed by doctor. If patient does not understand the directions on prescription bottle, he should ask pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain the instructions to him.