Hello, my kid is 6 years old and is having coughing problems in the last couple of days. I am not sure, I do not think it is anything serious, there is no high temperature, sweating, fatigue, the usual flu symptoms… Still, I am thinking of Guaifenesin cough syrup – can I give it to him?

Hmm, as far as I know, Guaifenesin syrup is not allowed only for little kids, age 2 and younger, which means that it should be safe for your child. Still, be aware that coughing can be a sign of several more serious conditions, so if the syrup does not help in a short time, think about taking him to a doctor.

Hi there,
f I am not mistaking Guaifenesin is used to relieve chest congestion. the fact is that this cannot treat the problem it can only ease the symptoms in your child. So I am not sure will this be very helpful for the treatment of your child’s problem. There are several side effects of this syrup. Your child can get headaches and he can feel nausea and in some cases he can vomit also. My suggestion would be to find something else that will treat the problem. Have you talked to his doctor about this problem? You can give him some ginger and honey to ease the cough as well. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella