Hello, folks. I have severe sinus problems and my doctor recommended me MUCINEX. But when I came to the pharmacy, I saw there was MUCINEX and MUCINEX D. I would like to know what the difference is between these to products. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate it.

Hello. There is a slight difference between Mucinex and Mucinex D. Mucinex is more for fighting congestion only. For sinus problems, Mucinex D is more recommended. Mucinex contains guaifenesin. It is an expectorant. Mucinex D besides guaifenesin, contains pseudoephedrine HCl. This is a nasal decongestant. I hope this helps. You should ask your pharmacist for details. Good luck! Bye!

Hello there,

Since Kerry has already answered your question I would just like to tell you that if you have severe sinus problems you can try with natural remedies. I was using tons of medications for my sinus problems but nothing was helpful as much as herbal teas which my mother is preparing for me. I am inhaling the steam and it really helps in my case.

Chamomile is the best when it is mixed with mint. I can go days after one steaming without any problems what so ever. For the beginning I would recommend to you to try combination of steaming and medications and if this works than try to drop the medications. I hope this was helpful.