What doses of tussinex are recommended to give to a child? My son is 8 years old. Can I give him tusinex suspension with tea or lemonade? I’m not sure if he’s going to fancy its taste. What is the maximal dose that I can give him if cough would be severe? Thanks in advance.

Tussionex is not recommended for children under the age of 6. Recommended dose for children from 6 to 12 years is one half teaspoon every twelve hours. It should not be given more than 1 teaspoon in 24 hours. This drug contains hydrocodon that is mild narcotic and works as cough suppressant. Chlorpheniramine is also ingredient of tussionex and it is an antihistamine. You should know that tussionex suspension should not be diluted with some other liquids when administrated.

Well,
If I am not mistaking Tussinex is used to treat the symptoms of the common cold and flu. Also it is used to treat hayfever and other upper respiratory allergies. If you have problems with cough, runny nose, sneezing or itching of the nose and throat you will benefit is you use this medication. However I am not sure if this medication is intended to be used with children. He is not too young but still he is young. There are some side effects that might be caused when you use this medication. You should be careful when you give this to him. I hope this helped you in any way.
All the best,
Nelie