I have gone cold turkey from methadone. It has destroyed my real estate career from the side effects and my health as well. My question is this: I can still help my wife with her contracts if I can function but here's my delema. We live check to check now and if I don't help we could fall behind on our house payment. We have 4 kids to support and in this economy it is difficult even for a healthy person. I'm going through the sickness attributed to the withdrawal but have to take vicoden to work. The reason for taking methadone in the first place was for cronic back pain. With the withdrawals, not only do i have to suffer with the back but i can hardly keep my arms up due to weakness and pain in order to sit at a computer. I hav'nt found anything OTC to stop the pain and the only thing that helps the nausia is Xanax.

I have been taking one xanax at .25 and 2 hydrocon per day.

My question is this: I am suffering badly right now but determined to quit. Am i prolonging or defeating the purpose by taking those pharmasuticals?

Help!!

Hi there, i fyou are taking those pills, you are simply replacing one addiction for another. You are definitely prolonging it, unfortunately. Are you able to consult with a physician about getting off methadone? Let me know

how come you couldnt taper your meth dose down before stopping? what mg were you on? for your sake and the sake of your famliy i ope and pray you are able to stop completly but replacing the meth with vicodone and xanax isnt going to help. i feel that its a good thing if you can at least taper off the vic's but in most cases it dosnt work that way. good luck

what about tapering off lortabs from taking 10-15 at a time a day to 2 a day? I'm cold turkey for 5 days and I can't take it anymore. will i have any success doing it that way? :'(

letme start by saying as a methadone user. an i k now what he is feeling. this is insane , it grabs a hold n dont let go , no matter what u say or do. U may be stronger than you think ,im on my 12th day today. im so tired n scared, i want to give up. but i cant. i cant let this get to me. i know u feel the same. try and do something to keep u occupied,