I’ve been living in Australia for 2 years now. Since I came here I meet more then four women who did metodioplasty. It is little weird for me…in a way why would anyone want that. I would like to here more detail about the procedure of metodioplasty. Thank you.

I never been in Australia, but I heard from lots of people that there are lot transsexuals. I can tell you just what I heard on TV about procedure. As you may already know, metoidioplasty is a procedure that enables the clitoris to be released from its "hood" and then appear as a small penis. Besides “dehooding “the clitoris, the undersurface of the structure (chordee), must be freed of its dense fibrous tissue to allow the entire structure to be free of surrounding tissues and release it to allow more exposure. Special care must be taken to avoid injury to the internal erectile tissues during removal of this fibrous band so as not to lose that important function. The labia major are descended from their natural position using plastic surgical techniques. Pockets are created within them to allow the placement of testicular implants which simulates a male scrotum with testicles. Well, this is all I can tell you about metoidioplasty.

People who get metaoidioplasty surgeries are usually MEN who were born in bodies that were labelled 'female' at birth. These MEN (not women) get these surgeries to affirm their genders as men. So people who identify as women wouldn't want that. Try to respect people's genders.

Australia rocks!

As the above person stated (excuse my indiscretion, but I don't want to just assume gender), the people that seek out, and undergo any kind of metaoidioplasty surgery are in fact men that were born with a mismatched body. Otherwise known as transmen, transgender or transsexual men. No women would undergo, or even think about these types of surgery. Transmen sometimes get a metaoidioplasty to affirm their gender of male, and or to be more at peace with the man they are. Why, besides the above, is different to every transman that has this surgery. Some get it so they can use the bathroom without assistance, standing up, some get it so they no longer feel the need to wear a penile prosthetic, to enhance their sex life, or just for aesthetics. Brought to you by an Australian transman who is seeking out this surgery in the future.