Hello. I'm 19 year old male and I would like to find out some stuff about hormone testosterone. Just recently I have read some articles about it and, to be honest with you, I was pretty fascinated what this hormone can do. I have read that it can be used as a therapy for several conditions such as growth of muscle mass and strength, increased bone density and strength, and stimulation of height growth and bone maturation and even for penis enlargement.
To be honest with you, I'm glad I'm a man because it seams that this testosterone can cure almost everything!
So, I was just wondering, could it be used by women? What will happen if a woman is injected with this hormone?

Hello. I'm very glad that someone is interested in these kinds of stuff. I'm a medical student and I will gladly response to some of your questions.
It is the principal male sex hormone and the original anabolic steroid. In both males and females, it plays key roles in health and well-being. I don’t know how much do you know about this but, beside the fact that it is produced by testicles, it is also secreted by the ovaries of women.
So, women already have a small amount of this hormone in their blood. Like you said, men can benefit from testosterone as hormone replacement therapy but women rarely need this kind of therapy. Exceptions are transsexuals, female-to-male type which want to develop secondary characteristics of a man. Main effects are genital virilization such as midline fusion, phallic urethra, scrotal thinning and rugation, phallic enlargement.