Just a question asked out of curiosity here! I hope that is okay. 

It seems to me that women (and men to a lesser extent) getting anti-age procedures and surgeries tend to be between their late forties and mid sixties. I am not sure if my impression is backed up by facts, but that's what I think when I read magazines and blogs and watch YouTube.

So my question was, for procedures such as face lift, brow lift, tummy tuck as well I guess, is there an age limit on those? Are you ever too old for anti-aging procedures? 

Thanks. 

Well, it would very much depend on the general state of health the person is in. Active, healthy 70 year olds are pretty much the ideal candidates for a face lift! But someone with health problems for whom the general anesthesia and surgery is more likely to cause complications will be told that they are not a good candidate.

In terms of actual rejuvenation, it is never too late. The other risks that surgery carries need to be taken into account as well though, which means that anti-age surgery is not suitable for everyone, regardless of age. 

Does that answer your question?

I had my facelift at 65 years of age. I was told that the risk of complications in women of my age group is no higher than in younger women having the same procedure. The risks are present, but are dependent on overall health and your lifestyle. I do not have any medical conditions, and excepting the aches, pains and stiffness that do come with age and which I attempt to keep at bay with yoga, and cycling, I am in very good health. Any person who is in a similar situation should be a good candidate for a facelift.

Oh, thank you for sharing your personal experience! I was hoping for some of those.

It sounds like you have taken great care of your health over the course of your life and are still doing so. Good for you for also allowing yourself the pleasure of a youthful look! Do you think that facelift recovery took longer for you than it would for a slightly younger person? Actually, it makes sense to get a facelift when you really "need" it rather than when you are hardly showing signs of aging, but I do wonder. Is the swelling, bruising, etc worse and is the risk of complications greater? Did your surgeon tell you anything about this?

Every procedure has its own ideal age range actually.

Botox - not before your early 40s

Eye bags caused by genetics and not age - the earlier the better

Rhinoplasty - before age 50 but after puberty is complete

Facelift - ideally at 45, the skin is still elastic so the outcome is bettter

Breast implants - before age 50

Tummy tuck - after 35 and before 60

Laser skin rejuvination - at age 50 and after

If you want to look good and you and cosmetic surgery might help you then the only thing that could hold you back is when the procedure is dangerous to your health. Good surgeons definitely don't do operations on people who are not fit for surgery because then they will have problems with liability insurance. But I must admit that I think older people have often missed the boat and no amount of surgery will give you the results that will make you 20 or 30 or even 40 again when you are 70. As long as you are realistic then why not?