My 18 month old neice doesn't seem to have a vaginal opening. She has a clitoris, labia minor, and labia major but there doesn't seem to be even a slight sign that she is supposed to have a vagina. Also her kidneys are growing larger than they should be. Her pediatician said that her kidneys were growing larger because she hasn't "opened up" yet and her urine is flowing back into them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would cause this?! Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I can’t say what could be causing this, it is probably some kind of genetic flaw if she doesn’t have vagina. Have you talked to a doctor about this? If this is the case, she will probably need a surgery. These things are rare but do occur.

My father’s friend’s granddaughter was born without the anal opening. Imagine this sweat little thing not being able to get rid of her waste. They opened a hole on her abdomen and created stoma until she was able to have a surgery.

I know that they had a very important doctor from Mexico who specialized in this kind of surgery and had her anal opening repaired.

Your niece may have to undergo a similar procedure

MY NEICE HAD THE SAME THING THEY PRESCRIBED A MEDICINE TO RUB ON THE AREA & IT EATS AWAY TO MAKE THE OPENING, MY NEICE CRIED & CRIED AND IT HURT MY SISTER VERY BAD TO DO IT BUT SHE HAD TOO.

i think you should definitely go see another doctor.
both of my daughters's openings were closed when they were born. it wasn't until their two week checkup that the doctors noticed they were closed and said there are even some teenage girls who have closed vaginas and not even know.
anyway, they prescribed a hormone cream and i put it on twice a day, no burning or pain or anything, and the hormones helped seperate the skin. now they're totally fine!
anyway, go see another doctor. i don't know if your case is the same as mine, but i'd never even heard of it until i took my girls in.