For the week of my period and the following week and a half, I did not take my birth control.  My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex during those two weeks.  I have had minor cramps for the past week along with a headache, lower backache and I want to puke at the sight of food.  For the past two days, I have had an excessive amount of white vaginal discharge.  If I calculated right, I am suppose to be ovulating right about now. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was of course...negative. My temp is 98.9 and I am stumped.  Can I be pregnant and it was just too soon for the test or does this sound like something else? I dont get it. 

For how long have you been on the pill and how regular were you in taking it? The thing is, when you take birth control pills regularly, everyday (except for period), hormones from the pill stop your ovulation and that is why you can't get pregnant on the pill. But, since you were off the pill additional week, you are not protected from getting pregnant and it's possible that you experience spotting or delayed periods, the same as if you stopped the pill. And, you can safely take pregnancy test some 15 days after the time of unprotected sex, I think you are in that zone?