i recently came off the pill because i split with my boyfriend and just felt like i didn't need to be on it, however the whole sex with the ex situation happened without protection after my last period a couple of times. i am not due on yet (as far as i know if i'm regular... i'm on about day 20 of my cycle) and therefore cannot take do a home pregnancy test but i was wondering if it the symptoms i am feeling could just be from stopping my pill or very early pregnancy signs?
I have experienced: clear, odorless, jelly-like discharge for about 3 days 2 weeks ago, mild cramping everyday for the past couple of weeks, mild headaches every day for the past week or so, and nausea for the past few days. The nausea is like when you have a angover and can feel your mouth watering but i have not actually been sick... i know most of these symptoms are simply caused by stopping birth control but i'm unsure about the nausea... anyone have any advice?

hmmm. well, the mouth watering nausea and jelly like discharge I had with all my pregnancies (before my cycle was due) so yeah, this could be a pregnancy. Anytime you have sex without protection you are taking a huge risk of getting pregnant...and the fact you just came off the pill is increasing this chance (studies show you can actually be slightly MORE fertile right after coming off certain pills....You can take a first response test in a few days (use first morning urine if its prior to your due date) or jsut wait until your due date (even then I would use first response because it is more sensitive) I think you might just be pregnant. Good luck...(the symptoms COULD be from stopping the pill but I don't think they would be this pronouced, or these exact ones) Oh, the jelly like discharge isn't continuing? that was probably just ovulation-did you have intercourse around that time?(2 weeks ago would've fell right along your ovulation date)

Hi there,

Things like sore breasts, bloating, constipation, nausea and vomiting can be pregnancy symptoms, but they may also be caused by other things. You could possibly be pregnant, which if you continue on with your ex after quitting birth control, but it could also be side effects from coming off the pill, or, on the other hand, you may be getting ill, or just stressed by the whole situation. I know I would be if I were you, and stress can cause all kinds of symptoms, like those named above. 

Best bet, get in touch with your family doctor and have them check it all out. 

i did think the discharge could have been ovulation but i never experienced that before i went on the pill, i assume your body can change though...

i forgot 2 mention i have also had fairly sore, tender nipples for just over a week... ne1 else think it could be more than coming off the pill symptoms?

Keep in mind that while you are on the pill you don't "ovulate" in the same sense persay (you release an egg BUT the rest of the Prep doesnt occur)...so you don't have such pronouced symptoms...You'll notice things A LOT more now that you are not on it, even when you are not pregnant. HOWEVER, nausea isn't usually one of thes "after pill symptoms" The problems with symptoms are is they can all be simialar, Right before your period and early pregnancy- But...if what you say is true and you stopped your pill (after finishing your last pack) and continued to have unprotected sex (specially around this "jelly time) Im willing to bet you are pregnant. That watering mouth thing combined with the sensitive nipples (do u really notice it in the shower?) have all been things that when I worked OB moms always said they noticed b4 they could even find out for sure they were pregnant. Good Luck! let me know