i am 21. i always had a normal period then i got on birth control. it was still normal until i got off the birth control. then i didn't have a period for 3 or 4 months. then my doctor gave me some medicine and i started having a regular period until decmber of 05 i didn't have one at all. i had one in january of 06 and now i hadn't had one in febuary. my doctor doesn't seem to worried about it what do yall think?

Yes, birth control can do that to a woman. Although it is said that a woman should go back to her previous menstrual patterns, it may take some time for it to happen.

It may take up to three months for your body to start producing its own hormones. I guess it all depends on how long you’ve been on birth controls. For some woman, it may take up to a year. The period is even longer for those women who have been using the patch.

There are probably still excessive hormones in your body that are interfering with your cycle.

Have you had a physical exam, or an ultrasound or any tests done when your gynecologist doesn’t seem to be worried? I guess they can tell many things from the experience just by hearing or seeing but if you have additional problems like unusual pain during ovulations/periods/sex, heavy bleedings, etc…..a pap smear or something wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Did you stop the birth control because you are trying to get pregnant?

This is exactly what has been happenning to me. I have been on the birth control pill for about 10 years and recently came off in about the last 6 months or so. My first 3 periods were right on track but since November I got one on Nov 17, jan 11, and February 24, and they are very light. This is definitely not my old period pattern as before they were long and heavy. Now every month I am running to get a pregnancy test because I constantly think I am pregnant when there is no period. I was glad to hear that other people are having this same problem. I am due for my annual physical soon so I am just gong to wait and discuss it with my doctor then.

My wife stopped taking birth control pills June of '06. It is now April and she has yet to have a period. I have repeatedly asked her to see a doctor about it but she says that it is normal and refuses to see one. I think that 10 months is far too long and am concerned. Is it normal or am I just being worrysome?