Hi. I’m 22 and last few times I experienced prolonged menstral bleeding. Should I worry?? What could this mean?? What if this happens next time too??

First off all, you should know that the menstrual cycle is not the same for every woman. On average, menstrual flow occurs every 28 days and lasts about 4 days but there is wide variation in timing and duration. That is very common in first few years, when both length and quantity can differ from one period to another. If you don’t feel anything else that should be considered abnormal, than I thing there is nothing to worry. Also, I’ve forgot to mention that length can depend even on the time of the year – it is very common that women experienced longer menstrual bleedings during summer. Anyway, if your menstrual bleeding lasts longer than 6 days and continues so in next two – three months, you should see your gyno just to check it out.

hi. im 21 and i've been having irregular menstruation since i first had it... i began plotting on a calendar my period last year but it's only been this year that i've noticed a regular pattern. it's 42 days on average in between my periods. i'm concerned since i know that the normal cycle is just 28 days. also, i suffer from dysmenorrhea on the first, second, and even up to the third day of my period. and worse, at times, my period comes but it is only a dark brown discharge. i wonder if i should really be worried about my situation.

I'm 29, almost 30, and I've had irregular periods all my life, but my latest period has been for that last year and a half. I've seeked three opinions and each doctor tells me I have nothing to worry about, because they can't find anything in their tests. Should I believe them?

I have almost the identical problem. Some of my periods can even run into 63 days between cycles. I finally went to the GYN and he told me that irregular cycles were not in themselves worrysome, but I should NEVER let my period go past 60 days. If it is, then I need to come in and be checked out.

It could be hormonal....as much as we hate to hear it, it's true sometimes. But it is better to be safe than sorry later, get checked out. I doubt it is anything serious, but your doc needs to be the one to tell you.

hii
iam zoha ,am 25 years old, my problem is that i have prolong periods. At first they were normal, but from two years they are prolong, i dont have bleeding at first weekonly thick blood comes and aftar a week i start bleeding and it last for 6 or 7 days or sometimes even 10 daysand even bleeding is slow. i dont know what is happening . please help me ,advice me wht to do.
is this normal period
pls help me

hii
iam tabassum ,am 25 years old, my problem is that i have prolong periods. At first they were normal, but from two years they are prolong, i dont have bleeding at first weekonly thick blood comes and aftar a week i start bleeding and it last for 6 or 7 days or sometimes even 10 daysand even bleeding is slow. i dont know what is happening . please help me ,advice me wht to do. this is normal periods

I have been taking Alesse for over a year and my periods were fine, and even getting lighter.. then in November I had spotting about a week into starting a new pack. I would bleed more after havin sex and then my period lasted the whole month until i ended the pack and had a period at the time i was supposed to. It's now January 4th, and i haven't gotten another period... I'm worried! Can anyone help? Should I go see a doctor?

i am 26 and i have been to several different doctors in the last 10 years also in different states. i have my periods some times for 3-6 months then it goes away for 1-10 months then its back again i had it a few years ago for 1.5 yr steady and the doctors tell me nothing is wrong they cant find any thing wrong and they have put me on birth control several times until i get excruciating cramps in my legs. now the doctors refuse to give me birth control.." their exact words they do not want to put me on something that will kill me" so here i am stuck with the never ending mental cycle and i do not know where else to go or who else to talk to. the last doctor i had made the most scene he told me to get pregnant that should straighten it out. but then i tried that also and no luck. maybe some one has herd of this or could give me some advice as to whats next?