Hi, my name is amanda and i have had my period form more that 5 months basically continous. Out of a month there might be 1 or 2 days where there is no bleeding or maybe very light bleeding. And when i bleed it is very heavy and lots of blood clots, maybe up to 5 or 6 clots a day. I'm very fatigue, tired, sore legs, lower back problems and abdominal pains frequent. I am over weight but was very fit growing up did sports and was very healthy. and about 2 years ago my periods became irregular but not bad like they are now. My husband and I are trying to have our first baby and have never used protection and I have never been on any kind of birth control in my life, and we have been married for over 2 years, what is wrong with me. my insurance doesn't kick in for another month but i need some relief now please help!

HI AMANDA, MY NAME IS AMANDA TOO :-) OK TO ME THIS SOUNDS LIKE ENDEOMETRIOSIS I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER I HAD MY FIRST CHILD I BLED FOR NEARLY A YEAR STRAIGHT WITH A COUPLE OF DAYS RELEIF PER MONTH. I SUGGEST THAT YOU GO AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND EXPLAIN THIS AND THEY MAY ADVISE YOU TO GET A VAGINAL ULTRSOUND WHICH WILL SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ABNORMAL IN YOUR CERVIX. ENDOMETRIUM IS THE LINING OF YOUR CERVIX. I HAD TO HAVE A CURETTE TO STOP THE BLEEDING BECAUSE NOT ALL THE AFTER BIRTH CAME OUT IT WAS ONLY LIKE 2MM BY 2MM BIG BUT IT CAN DO THIS. MAYBE YOU MAY HAVE A CLOT OR SOMETHING IN YOUR CERVIX CAUSING THIS PROBLEM BUT DIFFENTLY SEE A DR. LET ME KNOW HOW U GET ON AND ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR FUTURE PLANS FOR A BABY. :-D

Just throwing this out there, my name is literally Amanda too, not sure if you'll believe it, lol. But for real it is.....

You should really see a doctor asap, all of that could mean something more serious is going on and there are some ways of slowing down your period etc without birth control, but for sure defiantly see a doctor.

I have had my period now for 8 months i been to many of doctors, and i've been on hormones and birth control, but i don't want to be on birth control anymore, my husband and i are trying to have our first baby. I am seriously getting depressed,

this is weird!! my name is amanda too! n well i have that =( it started when i was 16 tho and idk whyy it lasted 6 months then it stopped it came back for 2 months now im almost 19 n ive had it for 4 months and i dont want to go to the doctor becuase they give e birhcontrol n that make me really sick =( last time i took it i lost over 20 pounds i couldnt go to school for a month =( but now seeing all this i guess i have to goo i young n it needs a stopp

Okay Not kidding I am Amanda too.. i have been going through the same thing really tired and sore... please let me know what they did for you..I really hate Drs but im afraid i may have to go myself.. Maybe it is an amanda thing,....

ok im Abbey so its atleast an A thing, but i have been on mine for 4 months and i had my first son a year ago. i had 2 normal periods after his birth and then i skipped it for 2 months and here i am bleeding for 4 months. i went on birth control when i was younger and it did nothing for me I bled straight through entire packs of it after 2 years I stopped taking them. I got married almost 4 years ago and tried having my son for 3. one day my period was normal and there he was... there is hope now we are trying for our 2nd and I am going through the same thing as yall. Please let me know if anyone here finds a solution and I will do the same. Good luck everyone!

you should really see a doctor. I have had bleeding for 4-6 years and just found out i have something called poly cystic ovaries. My GYN said when im ready to try to have kids i have to have "help" Help meaning, be put on pills and my boyfriend has to be checked out to make sure he can still have kids. She also said im anemic. so hun you should really get checked out.

Hi.. Im also another A (Amy) lol. I have also have had very extreme bleeding for years now. I got my periods at age 14. That same year I had a cyst the size of a softball rupture on my overy. I quickly found out that my periods were not normal. THe shortest period I have ever had was my first and it lasted for 15 days. I went to dr after dr after dr for more than 8 YEARS trying to get one to listen to me. Not one of them believed me. They kept telling me that its IMPOSSIBLE for a woman to bleed like that. Impossible? OOOH REALLY?! I should own stock in tampax... seriously!!! I swear I'm keeping the company going all on my own. My cycle was 1.5 YEARS on 1 period with only a day or two off every other month or so... then I would have a gap of like 4-6 months where I woudlnt get any cycles at all.. then it would start up badly. My AVERAGE day was 20-40 super/super plus tampons & 20-40 super/overnight pads. I was constantly throwing clots some of which were larger than an apple. I would try to tell drs this and they would look at me like I was totally mental. After this going on for more than 8 years my body was giving out. I had severe fatigue to the point I was passing out. I felt HORRIBLE. I knew I was dyeing and no one would belive me. My grandmother who is a registered nurse finally got so upset that she had a friend of hers who is a dr look at me. He got all of my files from my other drs and looked over them. Not ONE of the other drs had even opened the computer files that had my lab work results in them. He was LIVID. That meant that they didnt belive me enough to even LOOK to see if anything was wrong. By then my blood counts were so bad that put me in the hospital for blood transfusions and to be monitered for blood loss. That meant no pads/no tampons. OMG. It was HORRIBLE!! after 23 hours I had bled so much that the nurses were asking me how I was still alive. I had emergency surgery that day with LOTS and I mean LOTS of biopsys and cauterizing. I nearly bled out on the table. The surgery helped and I didn't have a period for a year. After that... it started up again. Surgery again... then another year of no bleeding... then again it started up. This time when they did surgery they cauterized a lot and put in an IUD. The IUD stopped my bleeding for 3 years. But Then I got married. We had the IUD removed. Now its been two years and Ive been bleeding since December (its the end of July now) and my husband is freaking out. My dr is now retired and I'm living in another state. I cant find a dr that believes me ... AGAIN!! And now I'm getting very sick very fast.  I don't think my body can handle this much longer. But according to the drs Ive seen in the past year.. ONCE AGAIN... its 'all in my head.'  I still don't have a diagnosis other than PCOS (but I don't fit much of that description). At least reading what other people put here made me realize that I'm not the only one. But the sad thing is.. My husband and I are desperate to be parents... but Ive been told my only option is a hysterectomy and that if I get pregnant I might bleed to death. I just wish that I knew WHY.

Sorry to break the chain but my name is Kelly,

I understand were you all are coming from. I have been on my period since July it is now January. I bleed allot and also pass blood clots its horrible! I am finally going to the doctor this week because it is now affecting me more so dizzy light headed and much more. I am told I am anemic and also have polytheistic ovaries Hoping they can help me. Maybe I will hear something this week and be able to give some advice. But here is some for now I know it is hard/embarassing to talk to someone about this. However you need to just think about the blood you are loosing and how your body needs it to survive. Talk to your doctor if anything just so we  can have a little more normal of a life, it is not easy to be on one this long.

im Kasie :) ive always had normal periods growing up. i have gaing almost 100 pounds since with my husband. and the bleeding hasnt stopped. ive been bleeding for about seven months now. i went to my doctor. he said i need to lose weight and get on birth control to control hormones. some days are worse then others. this is ridiculous. im 21 years old. we want a baby. and no luck. because of all this. my doctor is an idoit first off. he seriously had no answers for me. its so annoyin that women have to deal with stuff like this.

OMG is this an A thing? my name is Amy, I amy 46 years old  I have have long heavy bleeding and the passing of monstrous blood clots since I started at 11 years old.  My husband is also freaking.  I have lost neary 25 lbs in the 7 months that I have been bleeding continuously.  Just in last couple of weeks I have started with abdomianl pain when I sneeze or cough.  Always on my right side.  Don't have the insurance or money to go through all of the tests. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks and GOD bless to all of my fellow suffers!!!!!!!!

I have been dealing with this issue since I was 13, I am 27 now and still dealing with it. I am told that it is PCOS, but who knows....I get periods that last anywhere from 3-6months, sometimes more...The longest ive had my period for was a year. Heavy bleeding, lots of blood clots, but rarely any cramps. Im always tired and my body is always sore. I havent been to a doctor in 3 years, because I always get the same answers...Lose weight, Birth control..IUD..etc I was looking into getting a uterine ablation, but then discovered that it only stops the bleeding and wont get rid of the PCOS. Kind of hard to get the proper treatment, especially if you dont have insurance and cant afford it! Glad to know I am not the only one dealing with this.

Sherrie My name is Sherrie I found out I has pcos when I was 13 I have had a problem with lengthy periods and many skipped periods my last period was for 11 months this is 13 months and still going is very heavy and lots of clots I also have abnormal cells they say could turn into cervical cancer I'm scared I have already had two kids and I don't wish to have any more the doctor asked me what kind of birth control I wanted I said partial hysterectomy she laughed I said I'm serious you ain't the one going through this I have been having allot of pain to I lost my insurance but I'm suppose to go to the health dept maybe they can help but its nice to know in not in this alone we need to support each other

Breaking the "A" chain again and bringing in a new letter. My name is Meghan haha. So basically I got my first period when I was 11 and usually it's supposed to be irregular for about 2 years. So I was bleeding for weeks and months straight without any stop. It got to the point where one of my periods lasted 8 months straight. So when I was 13 (1 week before my 14th birthday haha fun) I had EXTREME bleeding to a point where I was going to the bathroom every 15 minutes to change a tampon and 7 super pads. Whenever I slept I woke up in a literal puddle of blood. So that lasted 2 days until my parents finally took me to the doctor after I begged them to take me. My doctors always said "oh she's just irregular" but in reality it was worse. At the doctors they took my hemoglobin which was 7.5 (VERY low) so I was rushed to the hospital while doctors were shaking their heads as to why I was still conscious. I was extremely dizzy and could hardly walk I was so weak. Basically I had to get a blood transfusion and be put on birth control and iron pills since I am very anemic. I've been on it ever since and it really stinks to take it since I gained 25 lbs in 3 months which made me really depressed. But now I'm doing better but still need a close eye watched out for me. My advice is if you have a concern about your bleeding, get it checked out ASAP!!! Don't wait like I did (I didn't want to) or you could end up reallllllly ill.