I'm a 19 year old student. I started my last normal period Dec. 21 2006. My next period was supposed to start Jan 17th, it didn't, and I had about a day and a half of very light spotting around the 22nd; I thought I was getting my period but I never did. I didn't get a period this month at all, (it was supposed to start the 14th.) I have taken about 4 or 5 pregnancy tests that were all negative, the last two I used first morning urine. I took a test as early as Feb 1, and the last test I took was about 1 week ago. I was on a "diet" and had lost a small amount of weight, maybe 8 pounds since November. I have gained some, if not all of this back over the last month.
I feel like I am pregnant, but I don't understand why the tests are coming back negative. My periods are (usually) extremely regular. I did stop my hormonal birth control in December but in the past when I stopped birth control i experienced heavier, more frequent periods. I've never, since I first got my period missed one, or even been a day late!
My fiance thinks I'm imagining that I'm pregnant, but I am so exhausted, I have such a different appetite, and I have been so emotional - my emotions are like night and day - one minute i will be so upset and angry and the next everything is just peachy. Also, a few days ago I had constant pain in my extreme lower back, but it did go away (I again, thought i was finally getting my period, but i never did.)
Is it possible to have these symptoms and missed periods and not be pregnant?

v/r

Just know that pregnancy tests come back negative even though you are actually pregnant very, very rarely. When they do, it is usually because the woman tested too early and that does not apply to you. In the case of a missed period and negative pregnancy test taken on time and correctly, you can really assume you are not pregnant. 

Still, you have symptoms. Whether it's a false pregnancy, hormonal disturbances, or something else, you need to know the cause because you may need treatment. Please see a doctor and say what's been happening and ask for diagnosis. This is the only way to know for sure.

Hi,Am 28yrs old.I got married in september and got pregnant in the month of October but in the month of November i got a new job and since i have to go thru the mandatory six month confirmation period my self & my husband agreed to carry out an abortion and be on pills til we are ready for the baby.My period didnt come in Dec and in Jan 7 i had it which lasted for 4 days. I also had it on the 26 of Jan and i tought i could be as a result of the pils and in Feb my period came on the 18th so i thought my hormones have adjusted it self. Now btw nov & Dec i've taken some pils to prevent pregnancy from ocuring but in the month of march 've had unprotected sex cause i just developed this craving for a baby and when my period didn't come i thougt i was pregnant but the test came out negative and i haven't seen my period. am 42 days late. Pls help me if this has happened to u before.

heltex

i Am going threw almost the exact same thing. I haven't had my period in two months now, I fell like i am pregnat, I figure has changed, my breats are bigger and sore as all ...., Im eating pickles and icecream, and jalapenos and peanut butter, which my husband eats on a regual basis, i used to think it discusting. My Emotions have gone nuts on me, i never seem to be able to control them. My husband swears that i am prego, I get morning sickness as soon as i wake up in the morning, i don't even get a chance to fully wake up and get out of my bed, I hate it.
I have takin 2 urine test and they both said negative. I have to wait intell i get paid again to go get a blood test, and i don't even think that will show postive for me, Because i have a family history on my moms side that goea back 4 generations that a test never says a positive for the fist child, ( this will be my 1st.). Hell it actually happened to my mom in the 3rd kid, And she was 6 months before she could get a doc to tell her she wasand that was because she finaly got one to give her a ultrasound, all the others just would tell her no and kick her out. Hell my gandme thinks that it could be a gentic defect for a lot of females in the world that we don't produce the chemical that tells a test we are prego.
So yea i am unsure on what to do or who to talk to about this. I fell that i am prego, Hell my Body is telling me that i am. What do i do??? ? ? ?