I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH IRREGULAR PERIODS LIKE THIS FOR THE PAST YEAR! I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR FIBROIDS, I HVAE HAD A PAP SMEAR RECENTLY WHICH ALL CAME BACK NEGATIVE FOR ANYTHING.
I CANT TAKE HORMONES REPLACEMENT BECAUSE I TAKE WARFARIN, BUT! I STARTED THIS PROBLEM IN NOVEMBER OF 06, WAS PRESCRIBED BIRTH CONTROL IN DECEMBER 06 2006 AND HADA STROKE DECEMBER 17, 2006.SO NOW I TAKE BLOOD THINNERS.WHAT CAN I DO? :'(

I just read your earlier post. I sympathize with you and can totally understand your situation. I have the same problem since the last two years. I have been on birth control for 6 months in '07. Symptoms after taking birth control - mood swings, i gained 15 lbs, severe facial hair growth and stress. It has not been easy dealing with these symptoms. I considered alternative treatment - Acupuncture. The doctor indentified blood clots in my body. A classic symptom of blood clots - you can see purple clots/marks on the sides of your tongue. I have been taking chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture sessions since Feb '08. The doctor has mentioned I need to take this treatment for 3 months to entirely cure the problem. Acupuncture is not in-expensive by the way. There is no insurance coverage and all expenses have to be paid from your own pocket. But I think this is a good alternative.

Best of luck for improving your health.

I have suffered from irregular periods for the past 10 years. I would usually get my period once a year and I was told that I had polycystic ovary syndrome. I have been on different sorts of medication including the ones you have mentioned. Let me tell you about a secret that could help you as it has helped me. My periods are now regular. No more clots.

I am on a medication called Metformin. Initially it was given to me for type one diabetes. This med is also good for irregular periods and statistics are great if you want to conceive and are having problems atm. Now this med isnt my point. 2 months after getting this medication, I was introduced to a product called "Mona.Vie" It is an antioxydent that contains the Acai berry (one of the worlds superfoods) known for its richness in all sorts of goodness. Free radicle is what kills your cells in your body. The acai berry's antioxydent, repairs cells that have been damaged. All the ingredients in this fabulous juice, is combined specifically to repair damaged cells in your body. Thanks to this product, my period is now regular. My doctor has informed me that I can now conceive & the cysts have somehow cleared. I am 26yrs old now, and I want to share this information with the world. A bottle will not cost you a fortune. It is definetly something you should try. Do not stop the meds you are on without consulting your dr. You are able to drink Mona.Vie at the same time with meds because its basically a fruit juice. However, if you have any disorders or allergies, consulting your dr first would be wise. Get a bottle of Mona.Vie and try it out for a month or 2. Ive also dropped 2 dress sizes in 2 months without even trying. lol. You will not regret it. It could be life changing for you, as it has been for me and many others :-)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

All the best xoxoo

I just saw your post, if this finds you get off birth control asap. I got a blood clot in my brain and almost died. The Dr's believe birth control was the cause. I've been to specialist at Stanford who believe the same thing.