I had the IUD Merina in Feb 08. Completly stopped my cycle than decided I did not want it. Got it out in Feb 09 and got a Depo shot that lasted 3 months. I see I did not start while on depo I know that can stop cycles. But shoulnt I be starting now that it has been over 3 months. I have always started right away when I would stop a birthcontrol. I know I am not pregnant cause We have been trying and I have took over 12 test. I want to know when I am ovulating and cant really do that because I dont get my period. I basically want to know when and will it come back? Is it normal to happen and why? How can I find out when I am ovulating?

Thanks
Confussed!

Hi Megan: The depo shot can actually stop your periods all together! And is VERY successful as a birth control method! So I'm a little confused that you are using it and trying to become pregnant?! Here below is a link about Depo:

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/women/contraceptive/043.html

If you notice on this site, it can take SEVERAL months for you to be able to become pregnant! They say on the site 9 - 10 months, but I think because you only had one shot, it should happen sooner!

Good luck and health!

I just wanted to post here and support what Bambi's saying. Depo definitely stops your periods for awhile and it does take awhile for your hormones to regulate themselves and get back to normal. Ou'll be able to tell that you're ovulating when you start menstruating again, so that will be helpful. Keep us posted on how you're doing, okay?