I am a newlywed, and my husband and I would like to have children together. How long after you stop taking the shot can you get pregnant?My husband smokes weed and cigarettes,what can we do?

It takes 9-12 months after the last injection of depo to become pregnant. Detoxifying the chemical from your body afterwards can quicken this time gap. The longer you are on depo the more controlled the depo gets and less chance of getting pregnant while on the shot.

Is it possible to get pregnant before then? I have had all the signs of pregnancy. I had my last shot 3 1/2months ago.

I took my last shot in November 2008 and my periods returned August 2009 and I have been pretty regular since. But I am still not prenant. Good luck to you. I have alot of pregnancy symptoms every month. But always get a negative hpt. Lots of baby dust!

i was on the shot b4 and it took me 5 yrs b4 i could even get pregnant and i was only on the shot for a yr

I was on the shot for 3 years and conceved a month after my shot was due. Drs say it will take up to 1 year to become pregnant but I think it all depends on the couple and how fertal the are.

The first thing is smoking and drinking alcohol will decreas your chance of fertility in male or female. So get rid of that first. Secondly I know plenty of women that dont take there next round of shots and will be pregnant in 1 month. So just don't go for your next shot and then try. :-D

i took the shot 1 time in april. 5 months later still no baby. good luck though

i have been on the depo for over two years,i stopped taking it for like five months and still no baby,

i was on the depo for a yr and half i had my last shot in july last yr then i was pregnant in the october. its how fertile you are i guess

My last time i was suppose to get my depo was august 2011 and i've been trying every since what should i do

I was on the shot for three years and we decided to have a baby so I stopped getting my shot and i was pregnant one month later so I guess everyones body is different

i agree 100:-)

I stopped my last depo in October 11 and my periods started 5 months later but my periods are coming very frequently like every 10-14 days im trying to get pregnant but disappointed when my periods come!

I was on the shot for 4years heard it was bad so I stopped getting them. Tried the pill for 3months then stopped . I've been trying to get pregnant for a year and still nothing. My periods are regular but last month no period and a negative pregnancy test.