It's pretty straightforward. I'm 21 and a female and I switched schools in high school and never learned about it. My parents don't talk to me about anything and I need to know what I... well, don't know. I'd like to know if there are things I should expect about my body changing in the future and things I should keep an eye out for. I've never been to a gyno but I'm not sexually active though when I decide to be I know I should visit one first. My mom is older, around 50, and a while ago she had her tubes tied. Does everyone do that when they're older? What is the purpose? My mom also makes me go to my baby doctor still *sigh* I would like to switch but I'm not sure what kind of office to call to make an appointment. I've only ever gone to the doctor if I've been sick or hurt, or if it was to have a physical for a sport in high school. Anyways, can someone help me out here, please? I feel really embarrassed that I don't know this stuff but I don't have anyone in my everyday life I am comfortable asking because it is so naive. Thanks all.

It would probably be best if a woman answered you. But here's a few ideas from a man:

1) At age 21, you can pick what ever doctor you want. Just be prepared to pay for it.
Try to select a female GYN. I'm told they have better insight into the field.

2) Pick up a good one or two books about sex education. May I recommend "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex" by Dr. David Rubin. (Pretty vanilia as far as sex variations go, but all text in a very readable question and answer format.)
"The Guide to Getting It On" by Paul Joannides (A very lighthearted, liberal look at everything from cultural differences, to great sex. Highly recommended. Combination of text and amusing cartoon illustrations.)
"Sex is Fun" by Kidder Kaper. A sex Ed book in the form of a graphic novel (illustrated for every orientation like a giant comic book).

I know how to have sex. I what what sex is. What I want to know is what I should expect in terms of health and changes in my body....

Ah, I see.
May I suggest "Our Bodies, Ourselves" by the Boston Womens' Collective. (I STILL recommend "The Guide to Getting it On" for this stuff.

By the way, I never got the "sex talk" from my dad either.
I'd discovering lots of things about middle age that I wish he had told me, too...