hi, me and my girlfriend was fooling around 3 days ago. we had all of our clothes on but i reached down in my pants and there was a bit of precum. im not sure if any got on my hand but after i kind of fingered her. Not really because i barley touched her vagina because she was really shy. A day later she calls me because she is really stressed out because turns out her friend got pregnant because her friends boyfriend got some cum on his finger and fingered her and now she is pregnant. when my girlfriend told me that i started freaking out. because now we dont know if she is pregnant or not. and i asked her when her period is and she says its on the 27th and i dont think i can last that long. right now its only been 3 days and im so stressed out. i cant concentrate in school or anything. so can my girlfriend be pregnant? please answer as soon as you can. thank you for your time.

YES, she can get pregnant from the behavior you describe. Though not often occuring, "pre-cum" can contain sperm, and it only takes one. You delivered it right to her sex organs.

Now, if you're saying her period had been on the 27th, and today is Feb 1st, then you fingered her roughly a day or so after her period started? That's not a time to be likely to get her pregnant.

Now, if you're saying that her period had been due on the 27th and is late, and you're freaking out over the missed period, that's another thing.

Also, recognise that even though YOU may not have gotten her pregnant, we don't know if she's had relations with anyone else. But from how I understand you presented this, she wasn't fertile at the time you fingered her.

PS: The amount of clothes makes no difference when you fondle BOTH your sex organs. You are providing the path for the sperm to get to her.
I hope you understand why we stress that you should be using protection AT ALL TIMES, to prevent the worry and stress you are both going through.

Good luck,
and let us know what happens.

Okay. If I understand well, you fingered her 3 days ago, which brings us to January 30th? Which means... 3 days after the date of the beginning of her scheduled period... Which also means that she was already 3 days late.

Considering all those facts, I would say that her period is delayed because she is stressed about it. Seriously, even if you had pre-cum on your hands, fingering her like you described would not get her pregnant unless being really unlucky. Also, her egg was produced around 14 days ago and can live 24-48 hours before dying if no sperm meets the egg. So... once this egg is dead, she can't get pregnant until she produces another one. So actually, forget about it, tell your girl that she just... can't be pregnant actually. If she is... then... either you didn't describe everything that happened or your girlfriend is awesomely fertile. (OR, she might be pregnant from another encounter two weeks eariler. -- Insert by Moderator.) I know it's hard, but don't think about it, let the stress go away, and her period will come.

IF, only IF her period are late of 10-15 days, you may consider getting a pregnancy test and look if she is or not. In the fact that she is pregnant (I'm only telling you this because it will help you if your thinking is blinded by the stress) you might consider taking an appointment to get her aborted ( in the case you don't want the baby). The earlier is the best. But don't be scared, it won't happen.

Simply talk about other things to her to help her forget about this. Also, be a good man and don't leave her alone because it's not her fault and not your fault : the fault is to both of you.

I hope I helped and I hope you will be more careful in the future big boy :)

ok to clear up all the confusion my girlfriend's period starts on the 27th we "messed around" on January 29th and that month my girlfriends period was normal. so now we have to wait for febuary 27th to see if she will miss her period or not. i also forgot to say this but both of us are virgins. we arn't sexually active. does this decreases my girlfriends chance of getting pregnant? and thank you for all of your help

Thanks for clarifying.

First, if she started her period on Jan. 27th, and you two had your "fingering" on the 29th, chances are very very remote that she is now pregnant. Usually, the period doesn't start unless her body recognises that she is not pregnant, and so, is loosing the lining of the uterus along with the discarded egg from weeks before.

So, just two days after that menstral process begins, there's almost NO chance of a viable egg being in position. Almost none.

I hope that you have reconsidered what you are doing, as you are both virgins and need to take responsibility for your adult actions. You may or may not choose to continue your sexual expression, but I hope that you will step up and use protection, or keep your sex organs apart so that you won't have this scare again.

Oh, and the fact that you both are virgins doesn't mean that either of you can't become parents on the first try... or by fingering and moving sperm around. Nature doesn't care... it just needs a sperm and a viable egg to start another life going.

You might try reading up on human sexuality in some popular books.
"Sex is Fun" by Kidder Kapper
"The Guide to Getting it On" by Paul Joannides (Goofy Foot Press) now in the 6th edition, I think...
"Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Sex (but were too afraid to ask)" by Dr. David Rubin

Good luck.

ok... umm sorry i keep finding more info late but turns out that on janurary (that month) her period came like 2-3 weeks before that day.... so im back in the red zone huh... believe me after this im not gonna do anything close to this again... thank you for all of your help. i will make sure to keep you updated.... lets just hope that she wont be pregnant.... its a really small chance right? cause to be honest im not even sure if the precum got on my finger and if i even fingered her in time for the sperm to still be alive and also i barley even touched her since she got all shy....

How do you know what the time limit is for sperm to be alive?

uhhh is this a test question? anyways from what read sperm is basicly alive as long as the cum is still wet so basically if the cum is dried up the sperm is dead.

From what the last guest said, that is incorrect. Sperm has a max life of 24-48 hours. The fluid can dry up faster or slower then that depending on how much is produced. The time difference between the sperm has to do with 4 things. If the sex of the sperm is male(y) or female(x) will depend on the time of spermy death. Female sperm(x) will normally live longer then male(y). The final three things that deter mans a sperms life is what tipe of sperm it is. Yes there are different types. Not all spem go for the egg. Sprinters, sperms that are faster, go after the egg. Blockers, sperms that block other males sperms from getting to the egg, block other males sperm. And killers, sperm that will kill other males sperm, will kill other males sperm. Normally a sprinter sperm will die first. Then a killer sperm. Finally a blocker sperm will die last. Depending on the sex and what type of sperm will depend on the life span.

so going back on topic..... first question well it wasnt really cum, it was precum and like i said before im not even sure if it got on my finger but is what J.R about cum does that also include precum? and what about my gf? im still pretty stressed out about if she will be pregnant or not... remember that im not sure if i got the precum on my finger... and also i barley touched my girlfriends.... (you know what im talking about it) so does that decrease her chances of being pregnant? and also above i clarified the situation so... what are the chances of her being pregnant?

If the preecum had sperm in it then there is a chance. If it was only body fluids (not sperm{that allow the sperm to swim}) the she won't be pregnant. It all depends on the smallest of details.

so now that brings me to another question. what determines if the precum has sperm in it or not? like why is it sometimes just body fluids and thank you J.R you've been a lot of help