Well i've been dating my boyfriend for over a year now, but he gave me HPV. And i know this because i lost my virginity to him(yes he wore a condom but condoms don't stop HPV) and he's still to this day the only person Ive messed with. I'm not sure which strand of HPV i have because my doctor just told me today that i have it. But what should i do? How should i tell him he gave it to me? I'm almost 17, i have no idea what to do or who to talk to about this. Please help me!!

HPV is tricky and in most cases the biggest trouble it causes are cold sores around lips, but when it comes to genital HPV many people don't realize they're infected with HPV at all because they don’t have any symptoms. And as you said, condom is not enough and what could, for example, your boyfriend possibly do if he didn’t even know that it’s possible to give you HPV. Do either of you have any symptoms?

Neither one of us have symptoms. My next check up is in 3 months, my doctor said my body could fight it off. If i do fight it off I'm leaving my boyfriend. Im not going to take the risk if i get rid of it to get it again. How should i tell him he gave me it? And also tell him my doctor said if my body doesn't fight it off then ill end up with cervical cancer?

Few teenagers know that Condom doesn't secure you from HPV