Hello everyone!

I suffer from mature acne as well as no longer having a youthful-looking skin. Whenever looking for solutions to these two issues, I stumble on Retin-A, Tretinoin, and whatever other names it goes by. I am wondering if there are any more natural alternatives to these, which do not require staying out of the sun or carry the potential to create a very dry skin, which I would rather do without.

Basically, what are the "magic bullets" to wrinkles and acne in the natural cosmetics world? Are there any such things? If you know, do share!

Hello, I have been looking into this myself and have read in several places that rosehip seed oil could be a viable natural alternative to retinol or tretinoin. It has been shown to have anti-aging potential in addition to reducing scarring and acne. Sounds like the right candidate, doesn't it? I have used retinol in the past but have now become concerned that it is bad for the skin and perhaps the rest of the body as well, yet still want the benefits this provides. I have not tried rosehip seed oil so far but am planning to soon.

Celebrity

I am as natural as they get and while I think this is an interesting question, it also confuses me. Retin-A has several uses. I have personally not heard that rosehip seed oil specifically targets acne, though I know it works as an anti aging agent. Vitamin C works well against cell damage, while evening primrose oil can be used to treat acne and inflammatory skin conditions. Green tea and honey both have antioxidant effects,

In that sense, there are plenty of things you can use to treat whatever skin issues you are dealing with. However, Retin-A is Retin-A and there is no natural product that is exactly like it, though there are those that treat particular issues Retin-A also addresses.

Rosie

Hiya, I've been interested in natural alternatives to retin-A as well and while looking for answers I came across "Radiant-A", a product that advertises itself as being exactly that natural alternative. Its marketing strategy is scaring people into thinking retin-A is all manner of toxic, which I personally don't appreciate in a marketing strategy, but the ingredients look pretty interesting anyways. You've got rosehip seed oil, and all other types of natural oils for scarring, anti-aging, etc. Is this as effective as actual retin-A? Can't say obviously. Looks alright to try out for someone who wants a natural alternative to retin-A, mind you. (And if you try it, don't forget to review it here!) By the way what about kojic acid?

No. After getting retin-A become harder for me (doc had been writing it off as acne treatment but insurance got fed up with that after a while given my age) I tried a variety of things including over the counter retinol. The only thing I can say here is that nothing compares to real retinoid cream. It has really, really rejuvenated my skin and I don't suffer from dry skin, and you need to wear sunscreen anyway, particularly if you want to look younger. Anyway, I now get mine from abroad, order it online.

There is nothing quite like tretinoin. Can you name another medication that has decades worth of research data to back up its efficacy and that can treat both acne and wrinkles, not to mention contribute to overall cell turnover and health? I did not think so either. Tretinoin IS natural, the result of humans looking for one thing, finding another, and jumping on the chance bu using it as an acne and wrinkle remedy. Humans using stuff they find accidentally intentionally is the most natural thing in the world! Now stop sweating about what's natural and not and enjoy tretinoin. :)