Hello :)

I celebrated my 30th birthday last month and I'm thinking it might be time for something other than the regular old day cream that I use. I am looking for a good night cream for someone my age to keep beginning wrinkles at bay but not designed for the more mature skin, which might do more harm than good? I still get the occasional PMS pimples as well, and have a slightly (not very, but slightly) oily T zone so I want to have the perfect night cream for this stage of life that takes good care of my skin. 

What do you suggest?

I am 33 and I have been using RoC retinol correction deep wrinkle night cream for some time now. It is light enough not to feel like overkill and retinol is great for pimples as well as wrinkles, so I can highly recommend this cream or another with retinol. This is the first cream with retinol that I tried so I can't compare to other brands but it works for me.

Since I started using this cream, my skin has become noticeably softer and smoother. You only need a small amount and it is good value for money compared to other brands as well.

That is a difficult question because it does depend on your skin type and individual needs. Here are some "good" (not "the best", but definitely "good") night creams for women in their thirties though:

• RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Winkle Night Cream: One of the cheaper and more effective retinol products on the market today. 
  • Murad Essential-C Night Moisture: Non-comedogenic, and great from 30 to 60 and beyond. It will really fight wrinkles. 
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream: Especially great for those with drier skin types. 
  • Aveeno Positively Ageless Restructuring Night Cream: Very hydrating and good for the more sensitive skin. 

I have been using Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair forever... probably since I turned 21? I believe that it is designed for much older skin but it has done its job. At 34, I have to say that I am pleased with the condition of my facial skin and think it is at least partially due to Advanced Night Repair. It is a serum rather than a night cream. I apply my day cream over the top of it. It is very very thick and nourishing and I remember being weirded out by the smell the first time I bought it but I have more than got used to it since then.

Well, I like Verso Skincare Night Cream. 

This is perfect for beginning crow's feet and fine lines, and is very hydrating as well. This also has retinol, so it's a dual action acne and age fighter, which at this age is always a great thing. Unlike some formulas, it doesn't make my skin feel or look overly oily, because it's too rich for my skin type. 

I will add that this cream is a bit of a splurge, so I don't know if I will buy it again once I am done with this one, but it is great. 

Night cream? You don't need that stuff, honey. Far too expensive. Why not just splash some oil on your face? Don't use cooking oil mind you, but the good stuff, like jojoba oil, avocado oil, almond oil, argan oil, that kind of thing. I have been doing this for years. I put it on morning, noon and night. I'm in my mid 50s now and it seems to do the trick. You can see I'm getting older but not the dry wrinkly type of older. Not yet anyway. I think you should give it a try. Night creams are all marketing in a jar.