As age proceeds I am getting more and more wrinkles in the cleavage department :(. I have a nice pair of boobs or did anyway, but the V shaped lines that are forming now are very distracting and I hardly dare look in the mirror any more, let alone to wear any kind of top that shows my age off rather than my breasts. My neck does not look so hot either but these cleavage wrinkles are new now. Or at least they got a lot worse.

Tell me, what are the best ways to try to do something about this? How about dermal fillers for the cleavage area, do they even do that?

So not there yet myself but yeah, dermal fillers like juvederm can absolutely be used on the cleavage area, yeah. Don't be too quick to decide though. If you also have sun damage there, which is likely really for anyone who has exposed that area to the sun over years, you may find that laser treatment is a better bet for you! You can target wrinkles and pigment problems resulting from sun damage in one go, which sounds like a much better deal than going wrinkle free but still being left with sun spots! Though you could also use a skin lightener for that of course.

I hear that Belotero is the best hyaluronic acid filler to treat wrinkles in the decolletage area. Unfortunately, this filler is a lot more expensive than other dermal fillers and of course treatment needs to be repeated every four to six months or so, if I understand correctly (may be longer, depends on your skin).

Londongirl is right that fillers do not affect sun damage in any way, of course. Light therapy may also be cheaper than Belotero. If I were you, I would simply find a board certified plastic surgery clinic with experience in treating this area of the body and ask what they would recommend you have done based on what your skin looks like.

Celebrity

Hey,

Cleavage wrinkles do suck! Have you considered applying a hyaluronic acid serum to your cleavage and neck, as well as to your face? While this goes on the skin as opposed to in it as fillers would do, it still has the power to retain enormous amounts of moisture and it does create a more youthful appearance. For anyone who is not sure about dermal fillers, this is a very good first and perhaps final step to dry. Cosmedica has among the best hyaluronic acid serums on the market, so you could start looking there.

Hope that helps,

Rosie

CO2 laser is the BEST to get rid of chest wrinkles! Unlike chemical peels, or dermal fillers for that matter, CO2 laser can take care of wrinkles, broken capillaries, AND pigmentation issues, which so often come together in the same person. I would encourage you to take a good at before and after pictures and reviews of CO2 laser treatment for the chest/cleavage to see what it can do for you!

Of course, nothing's going to literally make you young again, but as compared to other treatments this is definitely the best.

I am just curious whether you have considered using retinol or retin A, both of which are vitamin A derivatives, on your chest? Both have been proven to have a positive effect on wrinkles, acne and sun damage alike, although you must be careful to use a sunscreen every day when using retin A or retinol.

Because these vitamin A derivative products can have a strong effect on wrinkles, you may want to try this out before considering more invasive treatments such as dermal fillers or plastic surgery. Retinol is available at any pharmacy, while you need a prescription for retin A.

Hello
If you want to treat your neck and chest area, IPL or erbium is what you want to be looking into. Your standard laser treatment isn't safe for use on that area, which contains more gentle skin compared to your face, this area heals more slowly. Not only is the type of laser chosen important, which is the provider's job, as a consumer it is your responsibility to keep in mind that you want this treatment done by a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in treating the neck and chest area.

Hello! I am jumping right in because something that I have not seen mentioned here is dermarollers or microneedling. This is a very interesting treatment which you can have provided at a spa or do at home when you buy a dermaroller. They come in different sizes of needle length and different qualities etc but the way it works basically is little injuries are made with the needle rollers and as your skin heals it increases the cell turnover, your collagen, your elasticity... and you achieve a younger look. It can even heal scars! Even old scars!