I have been using Retin-A for anti-aging purposes for some time now and am very happy with what it has done for my skin. In response to this general improvement to the quality of my facial skin, I would now like to know whether it would be okay to use Retin-A all over the body and not just on the face. By buying the cheap generic versions online, I would be able to keep this cost effective, but other than that is there any reason not to use Retin-A pretty much all over?

If you have knowledge or experience, pls share. 

Thanks!

OK, I was gonna raise the issue of cost as well but I do know that there's people who do this and I don't see any medical issues there and have considered using retin a all over the body myself, though I haven't taken the plunge and actually done it. I did read up about it and saw that some people who are talking about it (none who were prescribed retin a specifically for the whole body, something to be aware of) mentioned only using it three times a week, which again would be something that could keep the cost down.

I personally do wonder whether using retin a from these online pharmacies is safe and particularly how you are so sure it is actually retin a that you are getting.

Celebrity

If you read the package insert for Retin-A or other tretinoin products which are available on prescription only, they will make it quite clear that the safety of applying the treatment to areas of the body other than the face is not a good idea. The long term safety of doing this has never been studied and Retin-A is not approved for use all over the body, or it would be available in bigger tubes. If you are contemplating this just for anti-age purposes, look into other creams. If you are dealing with acne on areas of the body beside the face, then consult your doctor about treatment options.

Rosie

Does using tretinoin all over the body make a difference to your skin? If you are diligent enough about using sunscreen, then the answer is yes, without any doubt whatsoever! I think most of us who have good experiences with Retin-A, Renova, etc, would use it as a whole-body treatment if we could. Cost is definitely a factor though, even if you source the cheapest possible form of tretinoin. And a word of caution: do you really know that what you ordered is what you will be getting? What if you get something completely different that really messes with your skin? So I'd be very weary about doing that.

I don't know whether that's true. Here I am also wishing I could use retin-a all over my body or at least in those strategic spots like legs, arms and so on, but I can't. Like others said, it would just cost too much. BUT I will admit readily to applying retin-a to my neck and cleavage area and it is working nicely. I don't think there's a legit reason, medically, to avoid putting retin-a on your body. If anything, your face is more sensitive so if it's good for your face it is going to be good for your arms too, for instance.

I don't know that I'd try retin-A all over my body to be honest. For one, you are dealing with the fact that this is a much larger area of skin than just your face. No doubt, you can get those retin-A uglies on the rest of the body as well and they'd be hell to deal with. Imagine that... dry skin and wrinkly appearance all over your body rather than just on your face. Might give you some real discomfort as well, you know? Then, you're looking at extra moisturizing all of the body as well as the sunscreen stuff. All and all, I think I can see why retin-A just isn't prescribed this way. It works well for small areas of the skin, but should not be used all over.

I don't know about ALL OVER the body, as in literally all over the body, but I have used Retin A micro on my hands and arms as well and have been satisfied with the results. The reason I use it is to promote collagen production and to rid myself of some sun spots, and it's working. I started doing this after a friend told me I could, but have never considered applying it to my abdomen or anything. In that case, well, like everyone else here seems to be saying, you'd be busy for a long time applying it and you'd be spending $$$ in the end. Retin A is not just for the face though, it can be used on other body parts also.