i got acne had it for years and i'm sooooo done with it. read that creams with retin a are the way to go and wanna try it out. i'm in brighton and wondering where in england i can buy these products and also what ones i should be getting. this place looks to be pretty active not sure if there's anyone from the uk though. if there is and you know about where to get creams with retin a, please do shoot me a message. i'd be ecstatic if my skin could just clear up even a little bit.

Oh, hiya! I thought I'd warn you that you're generally required to have a prescription for Retin-A. That's 'cause it can have side effects. Peeling, itching, even worsening of your acne in the first few weeks are all possible. I've also heard that pregnant ladies should not be using Retin-A at all. If you do have a prescription, you can easily get it from Boots or any chemists, really. What you could try to do if you don't have a prescription is to buy it online from another country, but that's not necessarily a good idea. So if you want to use this, I'd really advise you just to check in with your GP and if you genuinely need it, you'll just get a prescription. HTH!

Sorry, I've got no idea about where to buy Retin-A in England. I noticed this thread was about the closest I could find about Retin-A though and I'm hoping it's OK if I ask some questions here? First, is it prescription only? How much does it cost and are there cheaper generic brands perhaps? Also, how often should Retin-A be applied? I'm also wondering if it can be applied only to the face or also to other areas like the back, shoulders and the chest area. Thanks and hoping I didn't bother you by "hijacking" this thread!

Hiya, yeah, Retin-A is definitely prescription only. Like I said, some people do buy it off the internet from other countries from those dodgy online pharmacies, I don't know that I'd do that, you know? For one, with those dodgy places you can never really know that what you get is what you wanted. As far as I understand Retin-A is very effective but it ain't something you wanna be using without your GP saying it's right for you. I can tell you most people apply it once a day but you should simply be following doctor's orders with regards to the dosage and how often you use it, right? If you want it, just head in and have a chat with your doctor and if it's right for you, you'll definitely get it. Here in the UK it's cheaper on the NHS as well.

The problem in England is that it isn't so easy to get that prescription. "You'll get it if you need it" is wrong - not necessarily true at all. If you want it on the NHS do not, I repeat do not go to your GP but visit a dermatologist instead. That will help you get a prescription. If that fails, yes, you can buy it online quite easily. Start with the .25 strength two times a week.

I bought mine off the internet for about 30 quid. Of course you CAN go to a dermatologist but you'll simply be spending a lot more money that way. I didn't see the point of that. What you get on the web is just the same thing but cheaper, and who doesn't want to save some money?

Millions of people use it very safely and it's the only thing that has been proven to work with lines as well as acne. It's nothing to be scared of, really people. The only thing you need to be dilligent about is to use a sunblock consistently every day, because it does increase your sensitivity to sun. Go for at least a factor 45.

If you do that, beautiful skin will be yours. I use the 0.05 strength myself and that works fine for me. If you see any kind of flaking or irritation just use it every other day rather than daily at first, and your skin will be fine.

If you want to know more about Retin-A just do lots of research on the internet and don't use it until you are sure you want to. There is tons and tons of information out there.

Perhaps you could consider Avene Ystheal cream instead? This contains a milder retinol and best of all, is available at Boots without a prescription. If you have never used a retinol before then this is a good place to begin. Maybe it will do exactly what you want to without ever having to move on to full-on Retin-A. I have used it, it does not irritate my skin, and it works very well.

That cream contains Retinaldehyde, which is a milder vitamin A derivative. Studies show that Retinaldehyde is more effective than Retinol, which is also available in over the counter creams, as well as that it does not cause skin irritation like both Retinol and Retin-A do. Another major benefit of Retinaldehyde is that it does not cause the same sun irritation that Retin-A does. Though it may take you longer to notice skin improvements if you use it, this is an underestimated option that more people should consider, in my opinion. That cream is not the only one that contains Retinaldehyde though.

Retinoids are by far the most effective skincare ingredient, no matter what you need. Have you got wrinkles? Acne? Do you want firmer skin? Do you want to combat the sun damage you did to your skin? Retin-A will work. There are circumstances under which it might not be best for you though. For instance, some people with rosacea (which I have) have bad experiences with Retin-A and say it only makes their skin inflamed. That is why full blown Retin-A is a prescription cream: your doctor will help you determine what strength you need and whether it is at all a good solution for your skin.

You can buy indeed labs retinol reface over the counter from boots, and actually you can also order it online! In addition to retinol, indeed labs retinol reface includes ingredients that minimise the amount of irritation caused to your skin. The only con is really that it's meant to serve as a moisturizer as well but you really need to add another product to keep your skin hydrated. It hasn't got that much antiageing potency either so you'll want to pick a moisturizer that does work against wrinkles. It costs 20 pounds by the way, which all in all is worth paying for it.

I've got the same question here. I'm in England and I'd like to use Retin-A for my wrinkles after hearing awesome things about it. I'm all too aware that Retin-A is a prescription product, but really, do you think my GP would give me a prescription? I haven't got any acne at all, and if I just want it to look younger, which isn't a medical condition, I suspect he'd just send me away to be honest. I'd go for buying Retin-A on the internet if I had any idea of safe sources where you can buy stuff that is definitely Retin-A and not some random cream. What do you think about this? Is it ever safe to buy Retin-A from online pharmacies, or perhaps from the US? If you have good sources please let me know.

Hi! I'm struggling with frequent breakouts that simply aren't responding to over the counter treatments at all, and I've been Googling other options and found out about tretinoin/retin a. The thing is that I read in several places that retin a has been "discontinued in the UK" meaning chemists don't sell it so whether you get a prescription or not is irrelevant. Most of these articles mentioning that are from 2012 and 2013 though so I'm not really sure whether that is still true. What I do get is lots of websites advertising generic tretinoin that can be bought online, so without a prescription.

Since I'm new to the whole idea of using tretinoin, I am not sure what to do now. Is it legal to order tretinoin off the web from another country and have it posted to England? Is it safe to buy tretinoin off the web? Or can I still get retin a from a GP somewhere in England? If anyone knows, please reply!

I am not from the UK but tried to look this up. All search results that came up regarding this are rather dated, going a few years back at least. One post I found said that retin-A was not banned as such but made a prescription medication, which is what sounds more likely to me. I then went to the website of the NHS, the National Health Service I think, and they said that tretinoin may be prescribed. That strongly makes me assume that retin-A is not banned but just a prescription medication, which is true nearly everywhere.

If you can find a reputable pharmacy to shop tretinoin to you from overseas via the internet, providing that the pharmacy really is reputable, something you can check, I think there is no problem with handling your tretinoin supply that way. Tretinoin is a very popular product. You will be able to find lots of info and advice on how to use it on the web. Really, there is no need for medical supervision if you can just get tretinoin like that.

Having said that, I believe that retinol is available over the counter in most countries, and that may well work for you just as well.

When I Google where to get Retin A in England, I end up at this "Greater London Pharmacy" site, which is offered in numerous languages and had a note saying only to use Retin A if it was prescribed to you... in which case, why would you need the site in the first place? I am looking for feedback. A: Is this legal, ordering Retin A online? And B: is this site itself reputable and is what you will get really what you ordered? I am an expat currently in a country where Retin A isn't hard to come by, and we'll be moving to England shortly so I am looking towards the future. Retin A is what keeps my skin looking tip top and I don't want to have to do without!