I have read numerous posts on solutions people have tried to remove white fordyce spots from their lips. I have had zero success with these suggestions until I stumbled upon a post that mentioned the use Tretinoin. The reason that word was familiar to me was because my dermatologist wrote me a prescriptin for Tretinoin to treat my acne. I was skeptical because foordyce spots are not technically acne but gave it a shot anyway.

I applied the Tretinoin to my lips each night at bedtime and after about three weeks I have noticed a lot of improvement. The fordyce spots are much much less visible. Please don't expect that they will disappear completely, but I was extremely happy with the results, and plan to continue to use the cream. One thing I would like to mention is that because your lips are highly sensative I recommend using the lowest strength Tretinoin you can find.

The only set back to this solution is that because Tretinoin is a presciption cream you have to go to a dermatologist to get it. But honestly, it's worth the trouble because you lips are going to look much healthier and feel super smooth.

Good Luck!

Tretinoin worked wonders for me, took about 5 months of appliance every night before bed on my lips, and although it doesnt cure the problem fully, the spots become almost invisible and the lining looks a lot better aswell, i had 0.5% and id recommend the cream

ive been trying the blistex medex and ive seen some little improvement!!

What product are u using exactly? Is this it  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Retin-A-Tretinoin-Cream-0-025%25-10g/dp/B0081Q2CBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341921176&sr=8-1

Hey im trying now the tretinoin Cream 0.25% its my 5th day. Nothing has change but  lets se what happen  in 3 weeks.

ill keep posting

hello anything improvement on your treatment? please keep us posted..

hello everyone

everyone who has fordyce spots are all racking their brains and mind to try to find a treatment or "cure."  I am one of those people.  I think that the first step is to bring awareness to this, especially to medical professionals who overlook these spots because there is not a great demand for treatment.  It's especially important for the public to understand that these spots are not contagious or even dangerous.

please help bring awareness to this by writing to medical / dermatology journals.  

A new article just came out on this (medical news today) about 4 days ago and it's very informative and emphasizes the fact that there has been very little effort on treatment and the emotional effect it has on people.  Please read the article and comment on or share.  The more people read this and share, the more influence we have on medical experts try to treat these spots.  

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

It's worth reading and sharing.

Hi i have this condition for abt 2 years. Just started wondering about this last week. .. right now im using tretinoin cream which i use twice in a day for abt 3 days now. I can see little improvements :)

what specifically brand of tretinoin are u using?

I do agree with you

whats up now

any imp[rovement

I'm using the 0.025 % retin A gel and it looks like it's working but I just started using this yesterday. I will be sure to apply every night before going to bed. I have fordyce spots on my upper and lower lip and can't wait to see more results!

Would you recommend the cream over the gel?