Hi ladies (and gents?)!

I am going to be 40 (!!!) next year. I don't feel any older or wiser than I did 10 years ago. Actually, I remember feeling distinctly old when I turned 30 and I am not experiencing any of those feelings now. Maybe life really does start at 40. My skin? Not getting the message. It is not terrible, but those signs of aging are beginning to show. It looks like this forum is home to some informed consumers, so I don't suppose it would be too much to ask you to help me with tips to increase collagen and the skin's natural elasticity? I don't mind the way my skin looks now, but I would love to slow those lines down a bit, and I have noticed my face is thinner on the cheeks. 

I hope I can count on you!

As your skin gets older, it does not produce as much collagen as before any more. Also, the collagen you had starts breaking down. The same goes for elastin. You need a two pronged approach with which you prevent collagen breakdown and improve collagen production. Retin-A is a great product for those who want more collagen production. Incidentally, avoiding long periods of sun exposure is another key to preventing collagen breakdown. And when you use Retin-A, using a sun screen is a requirement. I would recommend both these products for the skin.

Celebrity

Some tips to boost your collagen production, which decreases with age, are:

1. Take Vitamin C orally, either in the form of fresh produce that contains this vitamin, or supplements. Research has demonstrated that people with the highest Vitamin C intake have fewest wrinkles. This one really matters, and probably more than what you put on your skin. 

2. Wear a Sun Protection Factor on your face every single day, and in addition take care not to be a sun seeker. 

3. Retinol is a cream that has been proven to boost collagen production, making it the ideal thing to put on your skin if you are looking for a younger and more elastic skin. 

4. Massage your skin daily to boost collagen production by improving blood circulation. 

5. The phytoestrogens found in many beans are wonderful for women nearing menopause, and those who are already there. They will help maintain collagen production. 

There are probably more things I could mention (stopping smoking is a very important one, but only if you do smoke) but 5 looks like a neat number, so I will leave it at that. Especially the combination of the first three will help your skin look fantastic. 

Hiya, the keys are a few different ingredients in skin products. Copper peptides, vitamin C, reinoids, and tretinoin are all known for their collagen boosting properties. That's as far as putting stuff on your face goes, you know? But there's also other things you can do. One's to stay out of the sun as much as poss, 'cause sun damage breaks down your collagen and you don't want that. You can also eat foods that give you more collagen from the inside out. That's beans, soy beans in particular, as well as green leafy veggies like you know, spinach and kale and stuff like that, which are already known to be health fountains. 

In terms of diet, it really helps to include beta carotenes, which are found in carrots, tomatoes and sweet potatoes among other things. These help fight the free radicals that lead to skin damage and premature aging. Proteins are also really good for your skin and help produce collagen. Most of us also don't drink nearly enough water on a daily basis. Staying hydrated will definitely give your skin a boost, both in the short and long term.

Exercise also helps you retain skin elasticity because it improves your blood circulation and helps you remove toxic products as you sweat.

Finally you need a good moisturizer. You need to work on your skin from the inside, but also externally. Use the right moisturizer for your skin type, with ingredients that boost elasticity. Any anti-age cream will deliver results that help.

Just bought Loreal Collagen moisture filler today actually. Being 40, I have some wrinkles. I also have dry skin and the Loreal consultant at the store said this would work for me. I'll say that I have only applied it once so far, which means I have nothing to say about the long term results, but so far it feels nice and "substantial" enough to make my skin feel moisturized and protected. This is not a flimsy cream that feels like water. I let it sink in for five minutes and then applied makeup, which went well too. So far, so good. I hope this cream will make a difference to my wrinkles soon.

1. Use a good sunscreen to prevent (further) damage caused by the sun's UVA and UVB rays, which will decrease your skin's own collagen production at a faster rate.
2. Use anti-inflammatory products for your skin, orally - vitamin C, green tea, acai berry, all of these will help.
3. Use Retinol. If you want something stronger, Retin-A is a prescription cream that increases collagen production. These vitamin A derived products are among the few that are proven to boost your collagen production.

More invasive procedures are also on the market, however, I think anyone can have success with the above mentioned moves.

Some simple tips include:

* Use a Vitamin C supplement every day
* Exfoliate twice a week with a good physical exfoliator
* Use regular sunscreen as sun damage is the biggest threat to the collagen in your skin
* Eat healthy proteins every day
* Use a topical collagen cream

At the end of the day, however, every single person will lose collagen with age. This is just the way the human body works. All you can do is put up a fight to remain healthy for as long as possible.

Thank you so much! Very informative!

Thank you! Iv learned a lot!