The Food and Drug Administration has approved a new version of the female condom, which is made of synthetic rubber. Unlike the previous, original female condom, made of polyurethane, the new one is cheaper. Both products are equally effective although made of different materials.
FDA has allowed the new condom to be sold in the U.S. and distributed more widely across the world.

Costs will run about 30 percent below current prices, making the product more affordable for individuals as well as public health organizations.

Although it’s the only way for sexually active women to take steps on their own initiative to avoid sexually transmitted infections, the original female condom, being expensive, never really caught on. In the U.S., prices ranged from $1.15 to $2.75 a piece, depending on the means of distribution.

Due to the inadequate marketing, women stuck with better-known contraceptive options without a strong reason for it.

It will certainly be a challenge to persuade public health departments now to distribute the updated female condom more widely and to educate more women about its advantages, the primary advantage being control. Instead of depending on a man to use a condom for safe sex, a woman can choose to use one herself.

Another challenge would be to convince women that the product can be sexy as well as safe.

Legend
I had chance to use one of these and I don't think it is sexy at all. The entire procedure is very impractical and the intercourse with this thing is very odd. Wouldn't recommend.

Superstar
FDA approval is a good proof for safety, but the female condom itself is very incomfortable way of protection.

Would you (as a woman) be ready to put this thing inside you? ;)

Soruce Avert.org

Legend
Wahh.... Well, at least it could be useful for camping instead of a plastic glass :-)

Possibly good for putting the shopping in, cant think why anyone would choose to wear that-Yuck!!!!! Mind you cant think why anyone would want to do that either!!!!!! Honestly, some people are just so impractical. Woman have it bad enough without adding more complications. men ahouls take some responsibility ( the way I see it) Bringing me to the point-who designed that??????? ( Was it a man?????) Hey, it made me laugh ( believe me thats a good thing) o.O :-D

Weel anayway, that takes me back to sex education in school, yes I was picked to hold all the contraceptions /contraptions up in the class of thirty ( Total cop out for the teacher) I mean how embarassing. I think it was because he knew I wouldnt give him nonsense, ,