Hi everybody. I am planning to start using some diet pills, but I can’t decide which ones. There are so many of them, so I am very confused. None of them are any different and every one of them are advertised as the best ones. Recently I’ve heard of Qsymia weight loss pills. Somebody told me that they are good and that they even are FDA approved. Is that true? If they are approved by FDA they must be good right? If somebody knows anything about this, please write. I want to start with using some pills next week, I have to decide which ones.

Hi TinkerBell23

Yes it is true.

Qsymia weight loss pills got FDA approval about 3 years ago. FDA approves it as an addition to a diet program of reducing calories. It is approved for adult usage(not children). The users should be obese ( everyone that has BMI of 30 or higher is obese) and they should have at least one health issue that is connected with weight (for example high blood pressure, dyslipidemia (high cholesterol) or diabetes type 2).

You also shouldn’t use Qsymia  if you are pregnant. It is shown that this drug can harm fetus. That’s because it contains topiramate . Topiramate can increase risk of oral cleft for the baby. 

I agree with Aristotle40

It is true. They are approved from FDA. I don't think it has been 3 years since than though. Maybe I'm wrong.

It seems to me like I've read an article about FDA approval for these pills not that long ago.

I remember that article saying that these pills should not be used by the people with glaucoma or hyperthyroidism. Also if anyone has a heart problem or any heart condition that is not normal in the last couple of months(or more, I don't remember) he/ she should not use this drug.  And also this thing about pregnancy Aristotle40 mentioned. So, be careful.