My friend is interested in doing some body enhancement, as she calls it and she will do it, she just hasn’t decided exactly what. I have tried to tell her to avoid botox because it seems there are some problems with that product and I hope I have persuaded her. Anyway, is botox FDA approved?

Botox was first approved by the FDA back in 1989 for several eye conditions that involve muscle twitching, as far as I am personally aware. Something being FDA approved doesn't mean it is safe for everyone, of course. Hence you always see long lists of potential side effects on every medication you can possibly buy, including, say, Ibuprofen and the birth control pill. 

Is Botox safe? People have gone deaf from it, and they develop drooping eyelids quite often. Me, personally, I wouldn't get it for cosmetic reasons only. Even if everything goes OK, you still need lots of presumably painful injections... and it wears off. And everything doesn't always go OK, which would be a major consideration for me, FDA approval or not. 

You were right about botox. There are several cases in which the botox managed to spread outside the area he was supposed to affect and entered other systems in the body. And when that happens to respiratory system, problems might occur. Of course, this is still a widely spread medicament and it is FDA approved.

Hi there,
Botox is FDA approved even for overactive bladder and enlarged prostate!