Few of my co-workers recently started using E-Z weight loss tea and can’t stop talking about it at our breaks and how it definitely works in suppressing appetite and making them feel more energetic while they don’t eat barely anything for regular meals. This tea is supposed to be some like Tibetan herbal mixture that has some famous weight loss ingredients like garcinia cambogia, but also some vitamins and such.

What I’m wondering though, are teas like E-Z FDA approved, since it seems to me it kinda might be dangerous if they really have this appetite suppressing effect and some mish-mash of stuff that is healthy on it’s own, but in the end makes you lose your appetite?

E-Z tea or diet pills are not under FDA jurisdiction since they are considered to be dietary supplements, just like the vitamin or mineral supplements, so they don't have to go through much harder approval process as medications do.

From what I've read, E-Z tea even contains some ingredients like bitter orange extract that can potentially be dangerous to people who suffer from high blood pressure, and even the E-Z manufacturer (or seller) lists some precautions, such as that this supplement shouldn't be taken at night because it can cause headaches and insomnia. And there is one common sense thing - if you're not eating, your body is probably not getting all the nutrients it needs, so perhaps anyone taking E-Z needs a multivitamin supplement too, like many diets advise to.

not only does this E-Z tea contains bitter orange extract, but when I looked up it's ingredients, it's kinda weird that some of them are actually misspelled, like instead of L-carnitine it says L-camiline which makes no sense since I googled that ingredient and it comes up only in relation to E-Z tea.
Even if you disregard that, I find it odd that they claim this is some Tibetan herbal mixture, but then they also list coenzyme Q10 as one of the ingredients. I know that supplement industry is not as heavily regulates as medications are, but this just seems weird that they can't even spell out their ingredients properly.