I have type 2 diabetes caused by me being overweight, as my doctor said. But, it’s extremely hard for me to lose weight because it seems like being overweight runs in my family - both my mom and dad are overweight and have health issues because of that.

My doctor suggested few options for me to lose weight, from gastric bypass (which I don’t want to have) to weight loss medication Duromine. So I agreed to take Duromine, but in 6 months it hasn't done much for me in terms of losing weight. That’s why I’m wondering, if anyone knows, are new weight loss medications Belvic and Qsymia approved by the FDA?

yes, Belvic and Qsymia are approved by the FDA, but I think you can buy them in only certified pharmacies. Of course, you have to have a prescription for your doctor for either of these medications.

However, both Belviq and Qsymia are so new that it's hard to say for sure if they are in any way more effective than Duromine, and unlike Duromine, these are medications that you might need to take for the rest of your life. And neither of the three can get you any major results without changing your eating habits or physical activity levels. The latter two are still the most effective for losing weight.