I am not on the pill and have not had a period in 8 months. Have taken lots of pregnancy tests and all negative. What can I do to start my period so that I can get pregnant? Please help!!!

Hmm, thats very weird.

Since you're trying to get pregnant, im ruling out the idea that you are a young teen with an irregular period. But no period for 8 months? You should see a doctor.

Have you been checked for polycistic ovarian syndrome? It causes no periods. They also have info about becoming pregnant.

Hii..ive also gone 8 months without a period. One Dr says I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, where my GP is not convinced. I have all the symptoms such as massive weight gain, hair growth and high testosterone .. I get many other hormone related problems like feeling emotional and mood swings..but no actual cysts on my ovaries?

I have been on and off different types of medication such as metformin and spiractone (please excuse spelling)

I have no idea what is up with me and no one else seems to know. I have been passed from pillar to post for over 2 years.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Love, from a very exhausted fat hairy young lady! xx

I have PCOS and it was not diagnosed until I was 25 almost 26. When I started my cycle at 13 I began showing traits for Hirsutism. My periods were always regular like clockwork so none of my docs ever checked it. I took BCP for around 3 months when I was 18 but it gave me horrible mood swings and then more hair growth appeared on my face. At age 20 I got pregnant but severe swelling and other complications led to miscarriage. My husband and I exhausted a lot of time trying to find out what was causing all the symptoms and no one could diagnose it properly. I began taking BC shots and stayed on BC for 2 yrs. My mood swings became psychotic I finally stopped taking it because my husband said it was either the BC or him. I was off of BC for 6 months and I got pregnant with my daughter. It was a very complicated pregnancy and I had to take Progesterone supplements and maintain bed rest to help with chance of miscarrying. After pregnancy mood swings leveled out while I nursed. When I stopped nursing, the crazy hair growth came back and the weight gain reoccurred. I still continued to have normal periods so doctors could not diagnose properly. I checked out treatment for laser hair removal because I was so embarrassed by the hair growth on my face. At 25 I was shaving every morning and plucking by the end of the day. The technician commented she had other patients who had been diagnosed with PCOS and maybe I should check into it. I IMMEDIATELY made an appointment with an endocrinologist who ran a full panel and low and behold...I have PCOS. I also have a Vit. D deficiency. I began taking 1000mg of Metformin per day along with 100,000 units of Vit. D per week (this is 2 prescription strength pills) and I lost 40 pounds within a 2 month period. Then I got pregnant with my son. I stopped taking Metformin and Vit. D per my endo and began to have pain on left side of abdomen. My OB/GYN did a scan and found an 11cm in diameter tumor on my left ovary. We did the surgery while I was pregnant. They removed my left ovary and left fallopian tube. After that, I had a wonderful pregnancy. No crazy, psychotic mood swings. No cravings. I only gained 14 pounds with my pregnancy (my son was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth so he was most of the weight, LOL), had a tubal done and began breast feeding again. I had no issues while I was breastfeeding. The hair growth was minimal. However, after I stopped nursing, then came mass production of hair, acne, and psycho mood swings. So my endo has me on Metformin 1000 mg, Spiractone 100mg per day, and back on my Vit. D 100,000 units per week. There is a huge change now. Now, finally, at 27 there are no more mood swings, no more acne, and best of all I'm losing weight and feeling great again. Because of my experience I was able to relay the message to my older sister and a good friend who had all the same symptoms I had but were not properly diagnosed because they also do not have visible cysts on their ovaries. Medication, lifestyle changes, and an answer make positive changes in one's life. I know we are all in a much happier place knowing what's "wrong" with us.

that scares me alot. im 20 yrs old and am going on 9 months with out a period. im not pregnant. infact i seen my dr today and he told me i have un-ovulating cycles, which pretty much means i could never get pregnant. he said i have 2 or 3 years tops that i could try fertility therepy and stuff like that but after 25 i would never have kids. miscarriage never crossed my mind. i was irregular as a teen. my mother had problems too. like she would miss her period for 4 or 5 months and then be on it for 2 or 3 months. she ended up having a hysterectomy. she had me at 16 and the dr told her she couldnt have anymore kids. but when she was 21 she had my little brother. my husband and i really want a baby. the only thing i can really say is to set an appointment right away and have a dr tell you whats up for sure.

I was missing my period for 5 to 8 months at a time...So I finally seen a DR. and he told me I had lazy ovaries and wasn't ovulating!!! Well I decided to take a natural approach to it and started taking progesterone cream you rub on you once a day....about three weeks later I spotted(not a full on period) and then a month after that I found out I was prego!!! Now I have three beautiful children and my periods are still alittle out of wack but maybe this will help someone out there!!!! Good Luck!

hey i hope anyone can really help me by sharing more thoughts. im turning 22 this year and i haven't have my period since last oct. but prior to that i have some spotting from july to aug then i had a heavy period in sept which is unusual because i have a period for a week but my normal is just 3 to 4 days. i had an unprotective sex june 2010 that makes me worried if im preggy or not, but as they say you yourself can tell if your pregnant or not and i can say that i'm not. so i put on my mind that maybe this is stress related because ive been so stressed for this couple of months. but as it take longer i started to get worried. because since i had my 1st period it was really regular and this is the first time. i gain 30 lbs already and  got some acne that never end. i never had any pills or some medications since i experience this. does anyone experience this thing or know someone. i badly need some words. thanks a lot.

hello... me myself am also irregular... been irregular ever since.... as i reply to you im on my 8th month without period and ofcourse not pregnant... i'm actually not too worried since i have the same condition as my mom ever since... we both have thyroid problems

I haven't had periods for nine months had blood test which came back fine I had abnormal cell removed 2 years ago I'm only 22 please help 

Haven't had my period for 8 months now :/ I have pain like I'm on my period... but no blood? I just turned 18 and never had sex so help me??

hello! I took the same thing and all i want is to get pregnant. i started using progesterone cream last march and after 2 weeks i got my period back and now i'm feeling different and im back wondering why my period is not coming yet this month so i took pregnancy test a week after my expected 1 day of my period but it came out negative, until when should I wait until my period comes back again?

wow I thought I was the only one with this issue . metformin made me sick i had to get off that c**p. no doctor can help me either , I have to get waxed every month to remove hair off my face and body sucks being a lady with hair growth like a male .

hey, my story is very similar to yours however i have not had my results back from my scan, meanwhile my doctor has prescribed me some Rigevidon. He says that taking these tablets accordingly will most like cause you to have your periods, he also said if there is no luck for the next 3 months see me again.
However if your trying to get pregnant don't take the tablet because it can also be used as a form of contraception.

I am almost 17 years old and i have always had an irregular period. But i havent had a preiod in almost a year now. I went to the doctor and they did nothing for me. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Thank you