for the last couple of years my period has been abnormal coming one month then skipping the next. i haven't had a period in three months now but there is no way that i am pregnant, because i have been abstaining for over two years now. At first it started out as just brown discharge,then progressed to brown clots for about three weeks. then i finally got my period and it has been going on ten days and counting it is so heavy i have to wear two pads at once.can you help me shed some light?

i went through not having a period for two months went to the doctor has a negative preg test so she checked my thyroid and that came back ok so im still trying to find out whats going on cause on the third month it came and last for 21 days and stopped for four and then came back on the fifth day

I am fourteen and have only gotten my period once it lasted ten days and was a bit heavy for my first time. i haven't goten my period in eight months now my doctor said it was normal if you dont get your period for a while after you first but she said she would be worried if it had been nine months and i still hadnt goten it. What could possibly be wrong? im not pregnant i know that for a fact!

im 15 and i have very abnormal periods. i almost went a whole year without having a period. then it started then i start not to have a cycle for 4 months now. does that mean im still ovulating or not? cause ive just started becoming sexually active and it scares me to know whether or not im pregnant when i dont have a regular period.

Your abnormal periods could be caused by a number of things. In my experience, stress and diet can change the way your cycle work. If you have an unhealthy diet, this may be causing it. Eating more healthily may help. If not, the other cause may be stress. Too much stress at work, school or home may be the cause. Hope it works out for you, and I hope I helped. :-)

It's hard to tell what might be causing abnormal periods. If you're younger like the last two posters, then it's pretty obvious that the abnormal periods are just caused by being younger. As you age, your hormones will balance out a little better, although birth control would good to look into because it helps balance out the body's hormones and makes things a little easier on you so that you don't have to use two pads. Keep us posted! Has anyone else had this experience?

same, i havent had my period in 3 months. im kinda worried. i masturbate but most people say thats not the cause. so im not sure. im just going to wait and see what happens. im not going to the doctor , because it will show up on my health report. its funny cause every time i have my period i wish its gone, but now i wish its back anyways. wish me luck %-)

I have now just skipped my period for 3 months in a row. I have a little spotting, cramps and mood symptoms but then it just doesn't come. I'm terribly bloated and im sure its b/c of not having my period. I am a highly highly highly stressed out person with a very inconsistent diet. I work 2 jobs and sometimes three and I am in grad school. I am also a type 1 diabetic since I was eight years old, so you can imagine how stressful my life is. I just think it's from stress and nerves b/c i'm also a bit of an insomniac and workaholic..so does this sound like anyone else here??? B/c I hate the gyno and i'm already on birth control and dont need to see her for another 4 months so i def dont want to see her anytime sooner than I have to!

I think that it's stress as well but you know, if you have not had a period in that long it could be a very serious issue. You definitely need to see your gyno now because it could be a life-threatening thing. can you tell me how it goes at the gyno??

Hello there. I hope you can help me here.

Last January 2010, I took I pregnancy test and registered positive. When I took the test I have have already suspected that I am approx. 2 months pregnant. I havent had my period since December last year.

I am an athlete. I play Tae Kwon Do and soccer 3-4 times a week.

Here's the glitch:

My period was due around every second/third week of the month. It did not arrive during the month of Decmeber 2009 up till now.
I did not suspect I was pregnant because I am not feeling any symptoms. Just a delayed period and tender breasts. The weird thing is, I still continue to train and spar. Nothing seems to happen. I was still training before I took the pregnancy test and continued to do so even after that. My training is vey strenuous due to being a varsity player of one of the most prestigious universities in my country.

If I am pregnant something should have happend right? The activities that I did were too dangerous for someone pregnant I believe. I have read about chemical pregnancies and false positive tests. If I am pregnant, where's my baby bump? I should be 4 months pregnant by this time if you count the the very first month I missed my period and took the test. I've been observing my body since I took the test. I have a lean belly and any changes will be noticeable immediately. But there's just no change.

Lately, I've been experiencing pain similar to menstrual cramps that go on and off from time to time. What could this be?

I am very confused. I would appreciate your advices and opinions very much. Thank you!

Hello everyone. I'm 17 and I am having problems. :c

Here's the glitch:

Same problem, i'm 19, never had sex so i know i'm not pregnant, and have been having regular periods since i was 12. There has been no real changes in stress levels, diet, weight, or anything else. No discharge that i've notice, of course how do any of us really know what's normal lol. I told my older sister the first month and she said that it doesn't matter as long as there's no way your pregnant. But after the third month of no periods rolled around she decided for me to tell my mom and now i'm going to the GYN. Never been so kinda nervous about this one.

so i had the same problem as all of you, 4 months later i decided to go to the doctor, turns out i have a condition called Polycistic Ovary Syndrome. You should look it up and find out all kinds of useful info about how to manage it, though there are no cures and is a life long disease it can be contained. PCOS is the leading reason for infertility in women and it can make it harder for you to get pregnant

I was just about to say it could be PCOS. I just had blood work done to check my hormone levels and they figured out I had that. I worked out really hard this month cause I have been gaining weigh...which I losted 6 pds and was sick this month too...but my period is mia and i have never missed a period. I agree with "guest" post from 6/22. Have it checked out. Yes it wont go away but it can be taken care of.

hi i am 3months late on my period .. I keep getting twitches in my belly an feel realy tierd and just cant seem to motivate my self latly.. Iv took many home pregnancy tests and all came back neg... HELP! x