I'm 24 years old and I thought i had depression but when I was on meds it made it worse and when I stopped the meds I was happier. I didn't think at my age I could a ormonal imbalance and when I looked it up I read that depression and hormonal imbalance have the same signs. I can't lose weight. I still have moods swings and I cry like if I'm pregnant. I have all the signs of a hormonal imbalance. I want to try to take care of it natrually without meds. What can I do to balance my hormones with out meds and at home?

Hello! Hormonal imbalance is a very serious thing! The first thing you have to do is get your hormones checked! Go to your GP and explain everything to him. Last summer(2007) i had similar issues- i had hair growing darker and thicker on my upper lip, i couldn't lose weight even with total hunger and the weight i had put on was all over me;my hair was falling like crazy and my scalp peeling; not to mention the horrible mood swings that everybody made around me miserable and not knowing what was going on.I was so sure it was hormonal imbalance that i even tried using herbs and supplements for it. They did nothing! So i went to my doctor after i lost almost half of my hair. All tests came up not only normal, but with PERFECT results! After 2 months and seeing 3 more specialists( dermatologist, OB/GYN, endocrinologist), i finally got the answer- pre-diabetic condition and poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
Six months later, without any super-strict diets but with the proper treatment(birth-control pills and metformin for the conditions and rogaine for the hair) i lost over 30 pounds, my hair grew again, i feel like a normal person again!
So, don't play with that- it could be very serious and the earlier you find out what it is, the sooner you will have your life back.
Hope it helps:)