I'M 26 AND HAVE ONE CHILD THAT'S 7YR AND BEING TRYING TO GET PREGNANT OFF AN ON FOR ABOUT 3YRS I'VE TAKEN CLOMID, AND OVULEX PILLS AND OVULEX MAY ME BLEED HEAVY FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND I HAD TO TAKE A B/C TO STOP THE BLEEDING THEN AFTER THAT MY DR. RAN SOME TEST AND I FOUND OUT THAT HAD PLOYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME I KNOW MY WEIGHT COME BE A FACTOR, SO I CAN LOSE ABOUT 25LBS, BUT MY PERIODS WANT COME, SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN RELATED PLEASE DO! I WANT GIVE UP I HAVE DR. APPT 2-06-06 SO HOPEFULLY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

Hello! I started having problems with periods like two years ago. They were always regular and in time. I did put on a little weight than but nothing too worrisome. What I hated the most is that my leg hairs became stronger and I even had some hairs growing on my neck. That was really disgusting.
I went to see a doc when I started having pain in the low abdomen and when the periods became really weird. I was also diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian.

I was 25 then and haven’t been planning on having children, so my doc gave me some bc pills to try to get my periods on the right tracks.
I had issues with excessive hair growth, so the doc prescribed Spironolactone. I didn’t take that drug very well, so I stopped soon after.

Do you have problems with excessive hair growth?

Did your doc prescribe any fertility medications to you?
I am still not thinking about having children but the doc told me to some and see him when I decide to do so, so that we can check out what’s going on and work on the plan.

Are you going to give it some time until you lose some weight or …? You don’t have any periods at all?

HI, WELL ABOUT 2YRS AGO I TRY CLOMIPHENE 50MG FOR ABOUT A MONTH, MY DR. WANTED TO SEE IF I WOULD COME ON MY PERIOD. AND I DIDN'T SO I ORDER OVULEX AND THAT STARTED MY PERIOD BUT IT WAS HEAVY AND I HAD BLOOD CLOTS AND THAT'S WHEN I WENT TO THE DR. AND THEY STOP IT WITH BIRTH CONTROLS BUT THAT WAS ABOUT 6 MOS AGO AND I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD SINCE THE B/C STOP IT. BUT I'M TRYING TO STILL GET PREGNANT, AND I'M NOT OVER WEIGHT LIKE THAT IT'S THAT I GAIN SOME WEIGHT AND I KNOW THAT IT MAY BE CAUSE A HORMONAL IMBALANCE BUT I WILL SEE WHAT MY DR. SAIDS AND WHAT KIND OF PILLS SHE PUT ME ON AND FOR SOME REASON I HAVEN'T TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST, AND THE REASON MY BE IS THAT I DON'T THINK I PREGNANT BUT THIS IS THE LONGEST I EVER WENT WITHOUT MY PERIOD, BUT I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!!

Is ovulex over the counter product? I heard that many women reported side effects from it just like you experienced heavy bleedings and blood clots.

My doc talked to me about Clomiphene. It produces more FSH that triggers ovulation. I hear that success rates are like 80 %.
Haven’t you received a shot of Provera to induce your periods before starting Clomiphene? I think it is how it goes. Ovulation should then occur like two weeks after the treatment. Did you order ovulex on your own or did your doctor suggested it?

The funniest thing with Clomiphene is that it is likely for a woman to get twins or even triplets.
I was kind of counting on this drug if some troubles occur but you have raised suspicion into its positive outcome.

Anyway, I really hope you will get pregnant soon and yes, keep me posted!

HEY, WELL I ORDER OVULEX ONLINE AND I WENT TO THE DR. AND SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE PROVERA FOR 2 MOS AND SHE ALSO PRESCRIBE GLUCOPHAGE(METFORMIN 500MG) TO TAKE ALSO FOR ABOUT 4MOS BECAUSE MY SUGAR LEVELS ARE HIGH, SHE SAID THAT THIS SHOULD WORK AND THE PROVERA IS TO START MY PERIODS NOW BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD SINCE SEPT. 05 AND I WOULD BLEED HEAVY AT FIRST THAN I SHOULD BE OK AFTER THAT, THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING TO THIS AND ALSO MY DR. SAID THAT IF THIS DON'T WORK THAN SHE WAS GOING TO PUT ME BACK ON CLOMID/METFORMIN TOGETHER, I ALSO HAVE TO GO ON A LOW CARB DIET AND EXERCISE THAT SHOULD HELP OUT TO WITH THE POCOS.

I was on metformin and provera because of PCOS... i lost hope because i was taking them for more than 6 months and nothing happened... the provera only made my periods come but I was still not ovulating and im trying to get pregnant... it has to be another way... I stopped taking them and still no periods....

Hi i am tring to have a baby but no luck can someone help me my Dr. put me on metform and Clophene and also provera for my period i forgot to tell you i have polycystic overies and i am 23 can you help?

I have pcos and for 9 years we tried clomiphene then super ovulation to no prevail-during those years I never got a period.Well I started to loose weight by going on a weight loss program and my period came back and five months of weight loss and 60 lbs gone I found out that I was pregnant without any fertility drugs!!My specialist has no idea why it happened maybe the weight loss?Noe in the las 16 months since my son was born I have gained weight-stil getting my period but we have been trying to get pregnant for the last 8 months on cloiphene without it working.So does the weight have to do with it?Well our next step will be metformin and clomiphene together, and I am trying to loose weight as well.I must say I wouldn't change my fertility problems for anything as during all the treatments we were blessed with two daughters Terren and Graicen through adoption-so my fertility problems were ment to be.To all of you out there it will happen wether biologically or through adoption.good luck and wish us luck too!!!

hi,i'm also having PCO since 1yrs means i'm not regular in my periods.then 4 month back i went to Doc n she prescribed me Metformin since taking that i've regular periods.after 2months try for child my doc prescribed me to take Clomiphene 50mg after 2 days of period for 5 days.then after regular folicular study through TVS i got pregnent after 2 months.Mashallah.

I've been on metformin and clomid now for 3 months, no luck. Period came and went after 1 dose of provera, but now it's time for it to start again and hasn't. I've also been checking with a basil therm. and tracking those to see when I'm ovulating. No luck to far, am 25 years old. Was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. Can anyone tell me of any other meds that are useful?

Hi all, I am 23 yrs old and i have pcos! ive had it now for 8 yrs. I do not have periods, and think that im the only 1 in the world who has pcos who does not have periods, but obviously there are thousands of us! I have been on metformin for bout 3 yrs now and still no periods so i guess its just not wrkin. But 3 yrs ago just before i was put onto metformin i had an occasional bleed where i was having a period about every 4 months if i was lucky. I wanted a baby. I went to my dr and he really dint wanna help or i thought he dint, u kno i was too young too fat. excuses excuses time after time. He eventually ran tests (to shut me up i think) coz i already knew i had pcos. But neway and i was given clomid. The best thing i had coz i took 1 dose and fell pregnant straight away. But now i want another baby and its not lookin positive, i havent had a period since i gave birth to my daughter 3 yrs ago. I'm still on metformin but still no change. I feel like giving up, but i wont. Not until i have completed my family! I hope you all get the family u want very soon x

hi every one i just thought i would drop a line of hope ..i am 28years old and feel like ive been having children for 30 years i have 2 beautiful daughters one 5 and the other 5 months ..my husband and i tried to get pregnant for 3 years before my 5 year old was born with the help of my gyn..i had a a small surgery in the the belly button and above the hair line to remove any fibroids or cyc one month later i got pregnant but before the operation i tryed everything i had no periods ever and took all the meds..clomid provera ect..one month after the surgery i got pregnant..then when she was 2 i got pregnant but lost the baby ..then a few months after that i got pregnant again and lost it aswell...i started taking metformin and provera as well as folic acid 5...i lost 26 pounds and got pregant one month later..and she is now 5 months we are trying for a 3rd but i want to make sure to lose any extra weigh...i have started to take the metformin and folic acid again..but i know that the key is your weight ...so if you have anyweight to lose you should focuse on that because from my experience it really puts your mind off the baby thing for awhile and lets you be more positive and can really help you in the long run...oh and i have pcos as well but once your weight factor is under control this for some reason helps to let you ovulate..remember that our bodies are like machines all systems need to have the good quality of oils and all parts must be working 100% in order to get the machine to do what is should do right..there is hope for everyone with pcos you just need to focus on the problem and fix it before you have success..and excessive weight is a big problem believe it or not.........good luck luck to everyone

hi I also have PCOS my periods used to very regular but now i haven't had one in 5 months or so. My dr suggested that maybe i go to an endocrinologist because its a disorder where you have too much testosterone. The ednocrinologist sent me for a bunch of tests then put me on metformin to help with weight loss. Spironolactone and a steroid called dexymethasone but it is very strong and cause lots of side effects. I saw a program the other day about PCOS and there was a dr on there that said she uses dexymethasone to determine whether a patient has either PCOS or another problem called nonclassical adrenal hyperplasia. She had said that if after using the dexymathasone you get your period then you may have the adrenal hyperplasia. I have not been to see my endocrinologist to ask him about that yet. Maybe you should check with the dr and see if they can check you for that other disease hope this helps.

Hello everyone. I too have PCOS. My periods were very regular at one time...like clockwork actually. I just got engaged & started taking birth control. I only took it for about a month & breaking out in hives, all over my body. My family doc thought it was an allergic reaction between my bc & my thyroid medication so he made me stop taking the bc & he put me on steroids. The hives stopped while I was on the steroids but when I ran out they started again. This was in the fall of 07, the hives finally stopped in January of 08. Ironically, I had my last period the week of Christmas 2007 & then when January 08 came there was nothing! I was planning a wedding at the time & I had gained weight due to the steroids so I didn't think too much about not having my period. I thought it was just from the stress & weight gain. But 3 months after the wedding I still hadn't had a period so I went to the my gyno & he ran all of these blood tests & found out that my thyroid gland & stopped working completely , plus I have PCOS. I went to an endocrinologist who started me back on thyroid medicine (synthroid). As of May of this year my thyroid was only off by 7 points (whis is much much better than where it started). I just went back this week for more blood work to test it again but haven't got the results back yet. My gyno said that oncy my thyroid is leveled out my periods may start on their own, but if not then he will put me on clomid to make me start my period again. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the clomid? Would it be worth me going on it or not...especially since twins run in both of our families?

Miia wrote:

Quote:

Hello, My name is Cortni and I am 23 years old! I have ALWAYS had irregular cycles!!! I have tried for 4 years to get pregnant!!!! My obgyn put me on birth control, my periods were TOO heavy! Then she put me on some lighter b.c and it was still too bad for me to continue the birth control! SOO, now I stand where my husband I don't havent protected sex TRYING desperately to have a baby! I don't have a cycle AT ALL! I think he may have low sperm count, but we have never had it tested! I am over weight, but what is wrong with me? My obgyn says my pap smearm comes back good>? I am SOOO confused..!