:'( My husband and I are wanting very much to be parents. He has had a previous wife for 11 years whereas they never had children either. She thought she didn't ovulate, and now I am wondering if it is he who is unable to reproduce.. This month I took an ovulation test on the 11th of May and was ovulating! I was SOO excited!! We had intercourse all day and the next day.. Now here it is 26 days after my last period (my periods are irregular) - and I have another period.. I started it 3 hours ago today and the last one I had was the 1st of May. I passed an ovulation test on the 11th, but took another one one the 12th and there was a faint line, so I read that means I was not fertile anymore.. But anyhow, is this normal?.. Will we ever get pregnant?..

Hi honey! Since your husband was with his first wife for 11 years and no children I am thinking it is more about his sperm than your fertility! BUT you mentioned the irregular periods - this can be from stress, diet, illness or the beginnings of an ovarian cyst! When you have irregular periods you have irregular ovulation so thus the problems! BUT Your husbands sperm viability and strength need to be checked first! So you both need to see a fertility specialist! Most will say to try for a year, but I think 8 months and 11 years previously will be a good indicator to the doctors! Don't give up hope OK? You just need to find out what is going on and what to do next! Good luck and health to both of you!

Hi, this is peep773. (I forgot my old password apparently). I was recently reminded about this post, and how tough things were for me then. I just wanted to update you, as I see how some people have been interested in this particular post. 3 major events (and another one to be) have happened. The first major event was the death of my first husband - in which these posts were about. That happened in June of 2011. That was traumatic and horrific, and eventually sent me into a psychiatric unit, in which I experienced meeting a wonderful man (go figure) - Event #2, we were married in February, and had twins on Thanksgiving day in 2012. I am expecting again. I'm not sure why things worked out the way they had, but I am completely in love with my new husband, my twin sons (who are now 20 months old) and my baby-to-be. I am 16 months pregnant now. Thank you for those who may have prayed for me, someone who you have never met, yet took the time to think about.