I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago and haven't had a period since December. I took a home pregancy test and it was negative. As any else ever experienced this? Any suggestions? I have a call into my ob/gyn but he didn't call me back yesterday. I'm concerned that there could be something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am in the same situation.I had tubal ligation on sept 21 and its noe feb and i never got my period. im very nervous and hoping everry thing is ok. If anyone have any suggestion please contact me

I am in EXACTLY the same situation!!!! I have not had a period in over 120 days and had a tubal ligation in Sept. of 2007 following the birth of my third child. Due to many issues I have been unable to see an OB/GYN. Have you? Have you heard anything? Has your problem been resolved? Did they do a screen for cancer issues as women who miss more than 2 cycles are more prone to uterine cancer. I'm sorry to barrage you with so many questions but I am happy to find someone who knows what 'm going through and won't tell me I'm completely crazy and that I must have forgotten that I had a period, like that's something we can forget!

I'm even on blood thinners, so all the more reason I should not have a problem with having a cycle. PLEASE feel free to contact me with any resolutions or suggestions you may have. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Email: _[removed]_

Thanks,

Melissa

I had a tubal ligation in October 2006. I have not had a period now for 3 months and they tend to come and go. I am told that this is not unusual after a tubal ligation and that early menopause is not unheard of. Menopause is not assured unless there is not period for about 6 months. Ask your doctor.

Well like the others I'm in the same situation. Tubal ligation Nov 1997 and no period since Nov 2008, it is now February 2009. I've taken two pregnancy tests that both stated negative. My doctor appt is on Thursday Feb 12, 2009. You can email me if you want at _[removed]_ and I'll let you know what I find out. I've heard from the physicians that it is possible to be pregnant even with tubal ligation and possible for false negatives. There are a number of reasons ranging from cancer to thyroid to stress. Hopefully we'll find out something soon.

i have a friend with the same problem, she had her tubes tied over a year ago and still has not gotten a period, she asked her OB/GYN why this is happening. He told her there was nothing wrong, that it's normal. i had my tubes tied over 8 years ago and have had a period faithfully every month since the procedure. no fail i couldn't be that lucky to miss one once and while, oh well some people are lucky i guess, anyway i told her to change doctors and get a second opinion because that is def not normal !!! You need a period once a month to clean you out you system.Has anyone else have or ever had this problem and if so, could you please let me know what the out come was Thanks Shay Mayhew

Hi, i have same problem. had my tubes cut in May, and now in August and STILL NO PERIOD, not even a bit, no discharge, no nothing? What can the cause be? Phoned my gynie, i was told to have pregnancy test done via blood, then we will take it from there, but i know i am not pregnant!

I'm in the same situation had my tubes tide 10months ago and I hAvnt had a period in 3 months I'm scared out of my mind my ob put me on birth control but that's not working either I've takin pregnancy test and blood work done even altra sounds and not pregnant the doctor can't give me any answers

I had a tubal 23 yrs ago and my periods are messed up cuz I'm in the early stages of menopause but the question is my nipples are staying erected and hurt very badly and I'm 2 weeks late starting my period so is it menopause or what?.

I am in the same situation I had a period in December but not since,having cramps but nothing more I am more tired and bloated.

I am in the same position had csection did tubal bled for maybe 1 week and haven't since its been 2 months...

What happened? Please

Hi. Did you ever find out if you were pregnant?

I haven't had a period in months i got my tubes clip tied in burned please tell me what you think it could be

I am in the same boat I have not had my period for almost 3 months and I have my tubes tied I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but I do have a weird symtom of having heart burn like crazy.. Any ideas?