I simply don’t know how to put NuvaRing into my vagina! I lost the instructions and whenever I put the ring in I can feel it, and it is very unpleasant. Perhaps it must be pushed deeper, but I’m just not comfortable with going that deep whit the thing that does not belong there. It can get even more complicated during sex - the moment my boyfriend penetrates, he starts complaining, so we have to stop everything in order to take the ring out. Is there any chance to get a simple explanation on how to put NuvaRing in its place? I believe, if I put it right, neither I nor my boyfriend will have any more problems.

The cause of your discomfort is most probably the fact that you do not push NuvaRing deep enough. There is no particular position which is to be achieved in order to make the ring work, you just have to place it as deep as you can. There is no reason for fear - NuvaRing cannot be lost, you cannot push it too deep - it goes to the end of your vagina and it stays there. So, there is no risk of “overpushing”. You just lie down, squat or choose any other position that suits you, press the opposite sides of the ring together using your thumb and forefinger and then place the folded ring as deep as you can into your vagina. If you still feel discomfort, use your finger to push deeper. If your boyfriend still finds it troublesome, just remove it, rinse with lukewarm water (never use hot water) and return it in its position after the intercourse. Bear in mind that your hands must be clean while performing these operations.