I have gained so much weight on Mercette (birth control pill). It depleted me of hormones and my doctor now has me on the Nuva ring. Will I loose weight now that I am on the nuvaring or will I gain more weight??

i gained weight with the nuva ring. they said it's uncommon,,,but i didn't really change my lifestyle or my eating habits at all and i gained quite a bit of weight!

I have found that I either lose or gain weight on the pill (and feel crazy). With the Nuvaring I felt normal and didn't lose or gain weight - it is amazing. Other than it can fall out sometimes during sex or if you're constipated so I'd check every time to make sure that it is in. That would be my only complaint.

I like nuva ring for the convenience. I find it doesn't change my mood, etc. However, I did gain about 14 pounds from using it without changing my lifestyle or eating habits.

hello! I am 27 yrs old in good health and reg. weight and i tried the ring for a month and just switched to a pill b/c on the ring when i cut myself on 2 separate occasions my blood clotted right away and hardly even dripped out! so i was afraid of blood clots and switched. I looked online about it and a lot of young ppl had strokes and stuff from it but that same risk goes with the patch and the pill- i just think its higher with the ring so good luck!