What may come as a surprise to many, a lot of older adults up to the age of 85 engage in regular sexual activities besides baring ill health. The frequency of sexual activity was comparable to that reported among adults 18 to 59 years of age.

Still, health problems as well as lack of intimate relationships is what represents major impediments to sexual activity in people as they grow older.
To be able to give information to older adults about how their health care decisions would affect their sex lives, scientists have designed the US National Social Life, Health, and Ageing Project in order to gather relevant data about health and sexual behaviour among older adults.
They surveyed 3 005 US residents between ages 57 and 85 about the incidence of engaging in vaginal and oral sex and masturbation in the previous year. The results showed that 73 % of the surveyed aged 57 to 64 were sexually active, 53 % of those 65 to 74 years old, and 26 % of those 75 to 85 years old.
The frequency the oldest group had sex was comparable to the frequency of younger adults who engaged in sexual activities two or three times per month.

Women were found to be less likely sexually active, often because of physical problems of their partner, their own lack of interest, or lack of opportunity. A few people also reported engaging in sexual activities with the partners of the same sex.
It is obvious very little is known about older population and this needs to be changed and communication between physicians and the older patients needs to improve in order to provide them with proper health care.

I'm freaking out right now! I lost my virginity 2 weeks ago and I'm getting these light cramps and people are saying that the symptoms of being pregnant come around that time. But we used a condom but in the middle I took it off (was a little big on him) I didn't go inside out or anything but I put it back on. Is it still
Likely that I will be pregnant?!