Hi! I heard something about fatty acid. My friend suggested me to use Omega 3-6-9 fatty acid, because I have high risk for coronary disease. Please tell me something about Omega 3-6-9 health benefit. Should I use Omega 3-6-9?

Hi! some time I use Omega 3-6-9, and my doctor is satisfied with my blood test result. Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids affect growth, vitality and mental state, and they are involved in converting food substances into usable energy and then transporting that energy throughout our bodies. They favorably affect atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, inflammatory disease, and perhaps even behavioral disorders. Omega 9 fatty acid, or Oleic acid, may sometimes be mistaken as an EFA, but it is not because humans can produce a limited amount. Oleic Acid is the primary found in olive oil. Oleic acid is associated with reduces atherosclerosis, reduced insulin resistance and, thus, improved glucose, maintenance, improved immune system function, and for possible protective effects from some cancers.

Omega complex 3-6-9 also help women with cellulite. Cellulite can stay around even on a healthy diet simply because the cellular structure of ones fat cells are weak...so they sag and dimple; hence, cellulite. Omegas strengthen the cell walls of our fat cells thereby helping to eliminate cellulite....

Something I'm taking is causing my system to produce embarrassing gas. This is what I take:
800 IU Vitamin E; 5000 IU Biotin; Nexium; Omega 3-6-9 complex; Fluoxitene, L-Lysine, Levothyroxin, Centrum (just started the Omega and Lysine).

What am I doing wrong? Eating well; salads, drief fruits, no milk products, ???

Omega 3's are essential for brain function, joint mobility, cardiovascular function, hormonal balance, etc. You name it, your body needs it for that. Omega 3 deficiency can cause multiple diseases- heart disease, diabetes, neurological impairments, eczema, etc.

3, 6, & 9's are all different and are necessary for different functions.

In the typical American diet we get a 20:1 ratio of 6 &9s to 3s, which is very unhealthy. The desirable ratio is about 2:1.

So yes, you should absolutely take omega 3's, and you probably should not take any additional omega 6 & 9s.

GUEST: Drugs for digestion such as nexium have been linked to digestive disturbances. (Oh the irony of Big Pharma!) Try a multi-enzyme formula in replacement and you should be feeling much better.

Guest, you're most likely perscribed the nexium due to acid reflux? And you're taking all those other vitamins to help your digestive tract. Have you taken an intolerance test? I live in Canada and it wasn't covered by the government so i'm not sure how expensive it would be in the states, it cost me around $325 to test for 200 different foods. It tests to see whether your system can metabolise the food - if not well then you're intollerant. I too was on nexium and a long list of vitamins because of the discomfort and gastrointestinal disturbances I was going through... Now i'm on a diet that excludes corn, eggs and cow's milk!!! My stomach has never been better - haven't had a tums, gaviscon, zantac, or NEXIUM since!!! Years of convoluted methods of reducing my stomach acid when it was a dietary problem - I had changed so many doctors and it was a young doctor that recomended the intollerance testing... I also haven't passed potent gas since!

You don’t need to take omega-6 and omega-9 as supplements. We usually consume too much of these in our diets anyways. We need to pay more attention to our intake of omega-3 fatty acids. Try taking a high-quality fish oil supplement like Triple Strength Omega-3. This supplement has a high potency of EPA and DHA, the two omega-3 fatty acids known to support many vital aspects of our health, including heart health, brain health, joint health, and more. Here’s an article I read on keeping the right balance between omega-6 and omega-3 which I hope you find helpful -

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed