Hi, folks. I have heard a lot of good things about omega 3 acids. I would prefer taking them from food than taking them in supplements. I would like to know how much of these acids there are in pumpkin seeds. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this.

Hi, there. Pumpkin, especially its seeds, is rich in many nutrients. Omega 3 fatty acids are just some of them. There is approximately 7-10 grams of omega 3 in 100 grams of pumpkin seed. I don’t know whether this figure means something more to you. It is healthy to consume pumpkin seeds. It is rich with Zinc, vitamin E and vitamin A. I hope I’ve helped you with this. Good luck with all! Bye!

Pumpkin seeds are not really high in omega-3 fats but they have a lot of other important nutrients.

Among plants, Walnuts are the highest in Omega -3

does pumpkin itself not the seeds have omega 3

Consuming pumpkin also boosts your intake of phosphorus, a mineral found in every cell in your body. Phosphorus, in the form of phospholipid, makes up the main component of your cell membranes. As a result, consuming enough phosphorus proves important to maintaining healthy cell membranes and, by extension, supports the stability of your cells. Phosphorus also makes up a component of bone mineral tissue, helping to maintain a healthy skeleton. Each 1-cup serving of pumpkin contains 51 milligrams of phosphorus, more than 7 percent of your daily recommended intake, according to the Linus Pauling Institute.

Phospholipids for brain health. Like omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids are important for optimal brain health. Phospholipids are found in high concentrations in the lining of practically every cell of the body, including brain cells. They help brain cells communicate and influence how well receptors function. Although present in many foods, phospholipids are found in higher concentrations in soy, eggs and the brain tissue of animals. There may actually be a biochemical rational for the folk wisdom that says eating brain makes one smarter.(by Ray Sahelian, M.D.)

Hercules Krill Oil that composed of three (3) key substances in krill oil the human body needs to function properly include: omega-3 essential fatty acids (EPA and DHA), phospholipids (an important component of all cell membranes) and anti-oxidants, including astaxanthin (a potent carotenoid that gives krill its red-orange color).