Hello everyone. I went to my regularly physical examination and basically I am pretty much healthy. I am dealing with all my health and heart problems very successfully so far. But my doctor told me that I should eat those groceries that are really high in omega - 3 fish oils. OK, I think that this won't be a problem for me because I do eat a lot of different and healthy foods anyway. But I want to know what can you tell me - what are those groceries that I should eat and how eating omega 3 fish oils can protect my heart?  Thank you.

Hey Big Z,

It is true that eating Omega 3 fish oil can help you protect your heart. If you're worried about heart disease, eating one to two servings of fish a week could reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack.

You know, when you were little, your parents probably told you to eat fish because it is very healthy. Well, some of the more recent research suggests that other nutrients in fish or a combination of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients in fish may actually be responsible for the health benefits from fish. So I guess our parents were right.

Big Z,

Fish contain unsaturated fatty acids, which, when substituted for saturated fatty acids such as those in meat, may lower your cholesterol. But the main beneficial nutrient appears to be omega-3 fatty acids in fatty fish. Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of unsaturated fatty acid that may reduce inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation in the body can damage your blood vessels and lead to heart disease.

These inflammations are actually the most common cause of heart diseases so if you add two and two, you have omega 3 fish oil as an excellent protection against all sorts of heart diseases.

It doesn't matter much which types of sea foods you eat, Big Z. All of these foods probably have some amount of omega 3 fish oil in them, but some of them have more of it, and some of them less. For example, fatty fish, such as salmon, lake trout, herring, sardines and tuna, contain the most omega-3 fatty acids and therefore the most benefit.

However, some fish, such as tilapia and catfish, don't appear to be as heart healthy because they contain higher levels of unhealthy fatty acids. Keep in mind that any fish can be unhealthy depending on how it's prepared. For example, broiling or baking fish is a healthier option than is deep-frying.

Alan is right, I totally forgot to tell you about these things. The way in which the fish is prepared is really important if you are paying attention to your diet. I mean, Alan already told you that in the post above, I just want to tell you that he is completely right and that I totally agree with him.

There is also a recommendation regarding how much fish you should eat. For adults, at least two servings of omega 3 rich fish a week are recommended. A serving size is 3.5 ounces (100 grams), or about the size of a deck of cards.

Hello everyone.

If you are having problems with your heart, eating one to two servings of fish a week could reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack. Doctors do recommended that people eat fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids at least twice a week. I think that we all do know this. Also, all doctors have long believed that the unsaturated fats in fish, called omega-3 fatty acids, are the nutrients that reduce the risk of dying of heart disease. It looks like that there are so many good heart benefits for the heart while you are eating omega 3 – fish oils. Try it.

Hey there. Well, I recently found the fact that according to the Cardiovascular Research Institute in Maastricht in Netherlands, “Epidemiological studies showed that replacing fat by carbohydrate may even be worse and that various polyunsaturated fatty acids (FA) have beneficial rather than detrimental effects on CVD outcome.” This is what I have found and I wrote it down because I don’t want to forget it. This includes, they continue, fish-oil fatty acids with anti-inflammatory properties, which can help prevent and reverse a plethora of cardiovascular diseases. So, I believe that this is the shortness but the best answer that you can get. I personally don’t eat a lot of fish, but I know that this is not that good.

Hello everyone,

Personally I really love to eat fish and I do eat it three times a week. Sometimes even more. And it is OK. Omega 3 - fish oils can protect your heart. But only if you eat a fish. I know that the market is full of those so - called omega 3 - fish oil products but remember that those products can't protect your heart on the proper way. Remember if you want this to work for you, you should definitely eat fish, it doesn't matter which fish is your choose, and you should avoid those products.