Let me give you guys the full story. A year ago (or so, around there), I had a huge toothache which lead me to a dentist table. Due to the fact that I was a chocolate hog during my childhood so my tooth's were mostly goners. While she was drilling one of my tooth's (I got 3 that needs fixing), the other one got infected and the next day, my right cheek twice as its size.

So I went back to her, she then drilled the other one and it seemed that everything is fix. However, there were still some problems in my tooth, it should be rotten nerves but she can't seem to find it. So, after six or seven visits, both of us kind of give up and just capped my tooth and just get it over with.

I'm 21, 5'10 weights about 170, so I'm slightly over the heavy side. I was 180s during my visits to the dentist, but as I starting to losing weight, I noticed that my right cheek are still slightly bigger than my left. I went back to her once, but she said that it might be the fact that I had been using this side of the face too much.

It shouldn't be the tooth's problem (even though it still pains me when I bothers it, is a annoyance but one I can live with) because the tooth's location was somewhere in the front (right side) and most of the "fat" of the right cheek was in the middle, toward the back of the face.

Plus, the fact that, my right cheek was much tighter than my left. Which kind of proves that the dentist might be right, I had been using my right side chewing too much causing a imbalance between the face. The dentist suggested me to chew on the other side for a while, which I did but... no result.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm planning to loss more weight, if this problem exists further, I afraid my face would be like one side all bone and the other side all fat.

i feel the same way i hate how i look i notice everything about myself I'm not big but one side of my face is looser then the other I'm feeling my face all the time. I've had one tooth pulled on the side that's more bigger or loose due to it rotting .Sometimes i clench my teeth and i notice there's a piece missing on one side of my jaw i think.i try eating on the side that's looser because maybe muscle will build up there and make it even , or i try sleeping on one side more or leaning on one side an it does not work .I want so badly to look like the others with a face that's not different on one side. Honestly if i didn't have this problem with my cheeks i would be pretty but i do therefore until i get it fixed I'm not going to look my best which i want badly ,but I'm 14 and cant afford that. I've even thought of braces maybe that would work but i cant yet. Maybe it's T.M.J ?

u press on one side than the other i have the same problenm so i went to the doctor and they told me when i press the left side more than the right side

which side u were effected

I totally relate to you- my left cheek is slightly fuller than the other, and for some reason, has slightly looser skin. I have teeth problems: serious crossbite (I think posterior), and my top jaw slanted towards the left. My smile goes that way, too, and I hate the way I look in pictures. :'( (In real life it doesn't look that bad... but...) I have been trying to chew on my right side recently, since I think chewing on my left has caused the cheek asymmetry (hopefully). But, I don't know anymore. I hope that when I get braces, everything will change. 8/ :|

:( My left cheek bone (I think) is slightly larger then my right side as well. It really sucks as well when taking photos because its so noticeable.

Has I changed now?

DUDE HALF LITERALLY HALF OF MY FACE IS BIGGER THEN THE OTHER SIDE INCLUDING THE CHEEKS AND MY LIPS. LONG AGO WHEN I WAS 7 THIS GIRL PUSHED ME AND MY RIGHT SIDE OF THE FACE HIT A LOG SO HARD IT BECAME PURPLE AND FROM THERE HALF OF MY FACE IS BIGGER, YOU CAN NOTICE IT PRETTY FAST.

Same dude, but my problem about the cheek isnt only the cheek is my whole face, my lips and cheek is bigger then the other side when i take picture it looks bad af

Since, you have writtten it a year ago..
Is your face balanced now from chewing on the other side??

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, I was starting to feel that I was just deformed. I also have my right cheek fuller than my left, it bothers because I always have to take side pictures and its so annoying, no one notices but me, but that's enough for me to get all paranoid. I also have cross bite and a missing tooth on my side where it is flattest. I usually chew on my left side which makes me believe that is why my side is fuller? Well, I just braces a month a ago, after my treatment is done I will get an implant and also crowns where there needed and see if that helps even out my cheeks, If not, I will definitely considered getting cheek filler. Not trying to be vein or care about my looks, it's about self esteem.